Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Transfering data from Multicharts data format to Ninja Trader data format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfering data from Multicharts data format to Ninja Trader data format

Is there any easy method or program that could transfer data from Multicharts data format to NT data format? It might be tick or minute. The way MC handles data seems different than NT and I am having lot of difficulty to backfill the data in NT as I have recently transfered to NT from MC. Working on the C# but I don't have sample data to test the codes. If there would be any repeat thread about it then I apologize in advance but so far I haven't got anything related with the issue. I am sure there are many other users like me who have gone through same issue.

Welcome to our forums here Alex, we would unfortunately not be familiar with a dedicated conversion tool here. The general data format NT would support is outlined here in our helpguide :

Most of the data manipulations needed can be done in Excel, but some users also appreciate the option to code their own import type (Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type > TextImportType).

For free end of day data that NT could directly access and download, please check into the Kinetick - Free End of Day connection we install per default.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for quick reply. Will go through the hints that you have provided and indeed you saved lot of my time to hunt for the information elsewhere. If I came up with something related will surely post the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_inditraders View Post
        Thank you for quick reply. Will go through the hints that you have provided and indeed you saved lot of my time to hunt for the information elsewhere. If I came up with something related will surely post the feedback.
        You're welcome, please do.

Comment

Hello,
          I've been working on a program which converts the format of ASCII output from MultiCharts Quote Manager into something suitable for NinjaTrader. I tried it out today with 5 years worth of data, but NinjaTrader seems to have mapped everything 101 points lower than it should be. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the format, and I made sure the data's not being changed in the conversion; it seems to be a problem with ninja. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

Elenchus, welcome to our forums - which what Merge policy setting are you testing your data here?

All options we support in this area are explained on my link below in the last section :

Comment

Ah, I had it on merge back adjusted; corrected to non back adjusted, and it works perfectly.

Thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby