V 5.1.1.1 Beta Problem - hold button reverses buy/sell columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V 5.1.1.1 Beta Problem - hold button reverses buy/sell columns

Using the "Hold" button in the new dynamic SuperDom can be hazardous to your account. The column headings switch, buy moves to the right side and sell to the left BUT the function remains the same. In other words, if you senter a Buy order you will immediately go short and vice versa! :X

imported post

Thanks for reporting. Is fixed and will be in next beta update in the next day or so.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I tried the +/- target buttons yesterday and wondering if I have their function incorrect. Was in a 4 lot position with 2 lotson a small profit target and 1 each at better targets. I then increased my 1st target to 4 contracts and heard order cancelled .wav. Then I pressed the + target buttonand got error that I can only have 3 targets (had a 3 target strategy/position in force). When I increased my 1st target from 2 lots to 4 I never looked to see if the2nd&3rd 1 lot targets got cancelled but later looking in the orders tab in the performance group (BTW loving V5's new performance tabs) it seems only stop orders got cancelled.... I think.

Do I need to use -targets instead of increasing size of 1st target to lateruse + target to separate them again? Shouldnt NT cancel the 2nd & 3rd targetwhenincreasing the size on the first target? User error or bug? I'd love to be able to combine targets at will then separate them again 1/2&1/2 quantities using the +/- target buttons. (still begging for use defined #ticks separation between on the + target function )

Regards

Bruce

Comment

imported post

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reporting, we are investigating this.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Will be fixed for next beta release.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Also on +/- targets.....I noticed that once -targets is achieved cant +targets......I was scrambling so not sure if it was on my 1st or 2nd +/- click........I was under impression I could +/- targets at will back and forth multiply (as I'm in panic).......it seems only limited # of -/+ target clicks b4 nothing happens.....

Comment

imported post

OK playing some more with the +/- targets plenty of YM trouble to be had this morning .....It seems its much more complicated than I imagined due to the hard coded priorties for scaled in positions (yes adding to a loser). Best I can figure with a 3 target strategy the scaled in quantity gets added to the 1st target. So first must -target so that down to 2 targets. Then can +target again to reduce size of 1st target. I'm figuring it out slowly but basically I guess its going to take some +/- target user defined functionality in order to fine tune per user. For instance when I add/scale in I like to scratch back to original quantity at new avg. break even price. Willing to add again from new avg. entry even. Kinda Kamakazi but what the heck we are trading via Ninjatrader.... ok bad play on words.

Anyway this is going to prove a longer term project I guess in terms of logic for scaling in and working multiple targets with +/- target buttons on a set strategy. Best of all worlds for me would be several choices for managing scaled in position and using the +/- target buttons. Maybe once scaled into new quantity some scheme for redistributing the quantities of each target perhaps by changing size of 1st target (reduction goes to 2nd target & 2nd target reduction in size balancegoes to 3rd target).

Anyway once again more a user error than a bug as usual. Still thinking it through.

Thanx for the buttons though really

Bruce

Comment

imported post

It works fine Ray.............USER ERROR .........the change in quantities on targets redistributes amoung the targets and +/- target buttons split intuintively.......I was smoken something I think .......and not thinking about order of changing my target quantiities with using the +/- target buttons

Lovin it .......

Regards

Bruce

P.S. BUT I would really love it more if I could define the #ticks when I +target and reset my strategy to my new average entry price plzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post TraderBCL  
                Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post martin70