TD Ameritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade

I am unable to use NT to connect to TDA. The login simply fails in NT, but works fine on the TDA website.

To clarify, do I need a 'green' account or an 'orange' account with TD Ameritrade? I've seen conflicting information.

And, how do I know what type of TDA account I currently have?

Finally, do I simply send a message to their technical support or is there a more direct way of taking care of the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi moneyloozer,

Thanks for your post.

To be clear a green account would be required. You would need to contact TDA support to begin the change process I'm afraid.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's what TDA has told me:

I am sorry to inform you that TD Ameritrade and Think or Swim no longer support the Ninja Trader Platform and API. If you had an old TD Ameritrade account with us that had this access and you were using it consistently, in some cases they made exceptions and allowed it to remain on the account, but this was the exception to the rule, and it would have been for active accounts that were using NinjaTrader. I hope this explains things to you. I am sorry that they no longer offer it. You are free to still try and request this if you feel you wish to. Please send your email to [email protected]
      And....

There are two paths for submitting a request to the API. One is for personal use and requires a TD Ameritrade account and the other is for commercial development or for a product that will be released to the public. Could you please tell us which you would like to request approval for so that we may send you the request materials? If you are requesting individual access, see below:

Furthermore note that individual access to the TD Ameritrade API requires:

- A TD Ameritrade account with either an account value of $500,000 or more OR 30 trades per quarter
      - A legacy “green” TD Ameritrade account. “Orange” accounts do not have access to the TD Ameritrade API. If you are not sure which of the two your account is, if you can log in to http://www.tdameritrade.com/ and you can launch Command Center 2.0 and Streamer Suite and receive quotes in each, the account is a legacy “green” account.

If your TD Ameritrade account does not meet the first requirement, please email us back in a few months, as we are currently working on expanding access.

Comment

Originally posted by moneyloozer View Post
        Here's what TDA has told me:

And....
        With that, NT has no incentive to upgrade their system to support TDA.

Comment

Moneyloozer,

TD Ameritrade will convert orange accounts to green accounts. Please ask to be escalated to supervisor or talk to someone in technical support and they should be able to convert your account from Orange to Green.

We have contacted TD Ameritrade on this item and they have sent out a notification to their support team that this is possible and can be done. With that said, TD Ameritrade is a large company and it is possible that not every employee received this notification. Please try again and you should have success in getting your account transferred to a Green account.

Comment

Hello Sledge,

Please allow me to clarify that NinjaTrader does support the TD Ameritrade API, and that whether or not an account is enabled for access to the 3rd party API, is up to TD Ameritrade to determine.

With that said, I believe if you ask to speak to a supervisor at TD Ameritrade on this matter, you may be able to request that your account be enabled for access to this API.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
              Hello Sledge,

Please allow me to clarify that NinjaTrader does support the TD Ameritrade API, and that whether or not an account is enabled for access to the 3rd party API, is up to TD Ameritrade to determine.

With that said, I believe if you ask to speak to a supervisor at TD Ameritrade on this matter, you may be able to request that your account be enabled for access to this API.
              I will clairify, NT can not do,anything soon to fix these backfill issues. Every reply to email support that is worth 0. This has been going on for a while!!

If u can fix it and ignore that backfill error in,NT , then I will praise and thank you. Especially because I have the backfill in question recorded. So give me my charts with out error messages .

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

TD Ameritrade provides 12 months of minute data for their 3rd party API's, if you are experiencing these errors, then please try reducing the days to load to no more than a year's worth of data.

• Right Click Chart > Data Series > Days to load, less than 365 days > OK

If this does not resolve this issue, please send your log and trace files support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread in the body of the message.

Comment

2 things.

1) It is at 5 days. Many documented complaints since May 2010. Search BACKFILL here on NT. Backfill issues when not during market hours, even though I have recorded the data in NT. NT just aborts because of the Backfill error, and chart gets corrupted, or missing the last day, etc.

2) It is now 3 months of minute data.

01/20/12 03:25 PM Price History Minute data limits coming...

All,

Just a heads up, I have been informed the minute data available in the Price History requests will soon be limited to 3 months. Effective February 1st. 2012, minute data will be unavailable prior to November 1st. 2011. On daily data there will continue to be no limits.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
                  Hello,

TD Ameritrade provides 12 months of minute data for their 3rd party API's, if you are experiencing these errors, then please try reducing the days to load to no more than a year's worth of data.

• Right Click Chart > Data Series > Days to load, less than 365 days > OK

If this does not resolve this issue, please send your log and trace files support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread in the body of the message.

Comment

Sledge,

As far as your error reported this is submitted into TDA development.

Unfortunately there is no word on it and I do not know if and when there would be word at this time.

I know that development is looking into updating some API components with our next major release. However this is still sometime down the road and I could not confirm any features or give a an expected release date.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jculp
                    by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                    0 responses