Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HowTo change location of database directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HowTo change location of database directory?

Hi,

I am new to NT and *VERY* interested and excited about the new capabilities in NT6beta10 wrt to FX trading and your alliance with forex.com (which I recently subscribed to thanks to NT's recommendation). Here is my problem:

NT6beta10 does not give you an option where your local database is installed (or didI misse it during install somehow?). It goes into the C:\...\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\db folder on the C: drive. Now, for serious backtesting, I need a much bigger disk than my C: drive (50GB, about 4GB free)- I have about 10 years of forex tick data (about 120GB uncompressed ASCII format). Even if I import only a small fraction of those data, it goes way bejond the space limits on my C: drive. Also, the C: drive is not RAIDed, while my D: (data) drive (750GB)is fully raided with autobackup etc.

Note: I DID install the NT6 app on my D:drive, in the assumption the the NinjaTrader.mdb database goes there too - but I find that the actual data are still imported into a copy of that databasein the ...\MyDocuments\ folder on the C: drive.

Questions:

a) is there a way to move the NT working database to my D: drive in the current version or during install?

b) if this is not the case, will there be an option in the final NT6 release? (That featureshouldn't be too hard to implement and is *really* needed by many serious users, I would presume)

c) if b) is not the case either, may I suggest to the developers to consider such an option soon?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice/comment.

Peter Lipa

imported post

Sorry this is not supporetd at this time. We put it to our list of future enhancements. Unfortunately there is no ETA yet.

Comment

Any changes?

Is it possible in Ninja Trader 7?

I have problems with Documents located on network drive, so I need to change Ninja Trader directory from Documents to C drive.

Comment

Hello pabam,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there are no additional updates at this time. NinjaTrader 7 will need to be installed on a non-networked drive in order to function.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for fast response.

I am using Windows 7 prof. 64-bit. Ninja Trader 7 64-bit doesn't work with Zen-Fire and Ninja Trader 32-bit doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit. I found solution how to use network drive (I changed .NET security settings), but Ninja 32-bit doesn't work anyway.

So now I use Windows Virtual PC (Win XP) and Ninja 7 is working.

I hope that you will make new 64-bit version working with Zen-Fire very soon!

Thank you Pavel

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80  
          Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
          0 responses
          1 view