Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WillSpread Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will spread

The file won't even download to my computer as a zipped file, and I can't upoad it to you. Your uploader keeps saying "invalid file",but it is on this thread, #8. Others have said they got it to work.

Comment

Steadman,

Are you trying to import a file by clicking File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript?

If so, this requires that you first download the .zip to your computer.

Post 8# does have a .zip file that I am able to import successfully.

Have you downloaded this WillSpreadv1.1.zip file to your computer?

May I have a screenshot of the error message you are receiving?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
      http://take-a-screenshot.org/
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

will spread

thanks for the reply. the problem right now is when I download the file to my computer, it automatically unzips. there was an occasion a few days ago where I finally got the zipped file downloaded, but I have forgotten how I did it, and can't seem to duplicate that action.even then, though, Ninja would not allow me to import the zipped file. right now I need to find out how to download the file in a zipped condition, then I can send you a screen shot of the message I get.

Comment

Hi Steadman,

Windows does not by default unzip files that you have downloaded.

It is likely you have installed an application that does this for you.

I recommend that you go to the Windows notification area (by the PC clock) and close all programs you see running there and try the download again.

Comment

Hold on, the download finally worked by typing in the file extension, and Ninja accepted the import. I'll let you know if I have further problems.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help so far.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
                I have brought willspread up on a chart in a separate pane, and there is instrument data, but none for willspread. I understand the format for "secondinstrument" as discussed in the forum and entered it as ZB 03-14, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Excuse me, it is working with time charts, but not tick charts. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Comment

Hi Steadman,

This indicator contains much unsupported code so I will leave this to other forum members to answer.

A tip though, there is a switch deciding what data series to add. This is highly unsupported and is a possible cause of the issue.

You might want to ask mrdude for more details about the script.

Comment

I don't have any tick data to test with, but maybe this updated version will work?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

I have downloaded the 1.2 version, used it on AAPL and for the first time no line appeared. I tried to load the ZB 06-14 as new chart and then tried AAPL with willspread indicator again and it worked. I am not 100% sure how I made it work (not sure about the procedure) but now it isn´t working anymore.

Did someone find out where´s the problem?

Thank you

Comment

The problem is likely gaps in the stock data. The futures market will have more candles, so check your chart and see if there are any gaps at the beginning of your chart in the AAPL data. If there are, either reload the data or change the Days to Load for your data series to make sure there are no gaps at the beginning of the chart.

Comment

I tried to download 2 years of AAPL but it downloades only 1 year max and by adding ZB 06-14 as the second data series, I see there is more candles than AAPL but I can´t figure out how to load more than 1 year of stocks.
                            Also as I wrote earlier it happened once at the beginning that I succeeded in having willspread plotted and I guess, if there are gaps, they were there before as well but just guessing

Comment

Please, any ideas how to fix this?

Comment

If you can only get one year of stock data, make sure that both of your data sources have valid entries for all days. Scroll to the left of your chart and if one data source has bars and not the other the indicator will not work because there is missing data. You can change the number of days to load for each data source so that they both have valid data for all days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post BarzTrading