X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal -> Tradestation -> NT -> IB

Hi Ninjas,

Here's my first question to the forum.

I'm currently using TS 8.7 with eSignal as the data source. Can I use NT (not for any data feed purposes) to convey TS order/queries to IB?

Assuming the answer is yes, since I will not be using NT for any data feed, but strictly order routing to IB, would the limit on number of symbols be dictated by TS/eSignal only?

Regards,

CTAtrader

Hi CTAtrader and welcome to our forums here - correct NT would connect to IB and could take order via DLL or EMail interface from TS:

You would still need to be connected to IB in NT and have data to submit orders to it - what kind of symbol amounts are you expecting to use?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using esignal to feed to TS and therefore I'm using TS as my charting and decision center.
      I will need to send strategy decisions only to NT, and in turn to IB. But my interpretation from your reply is that I need to feed the streaming data to NT, in order for the order to work, is that right?

I'm running 50 futures contracts and 100 stocks and 12 fx streams of data in TS. Since I will only need to send orders to IB through NT, the burden on NT shouldn't be too great. But if you say NT requires streaming data to accompanying with the orders, and for the orders to work, then, this might be a lot of load for NT. I'm not sure. Maybe my interpretation is incorrect.

Thank you, Ninjas.

CTAtrader

Comment

CTAtrader,

You do need the IB feed into NinjaTrader, you would only setup the connection to IB to route orders to this account.

For your setup, you would connect to the External Data Feed with the email or DLL integration the Bertrand linked to. Once that's setup, you could connect to interactive brokers.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

You'll then have the option of selecting your IB account in NinjaTrader. With this setup, any signals processed by TS would be sent to NinjaTrader and executed on your IB account.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes