Patsystem login too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsystem login too slow

When i connect to my patsystem account it downloads data for a while, but after it stops receiving data it takes up to 10 minutes (usually 3 to 5) to become "connected".
    If it takes more than 10 minutes i receive a sync error with "partial filled" order status and i need to restart NT.
    Why so much time? Other softwares are a lot faster, with no delay at all after they complete data download.....

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does not decide the connection speed as it simply sends the messages out to the Patsystems servers and then shows connected when it receives the connected message back. If you are receiving errors with your Patsystems connection please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com with your connection information and we can test this for you.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A good part of this download is if you have thousands of available contracts to trade registered in your account. Most of this is unncessary. You have ask your broker to serioulsy pare down the number of markets associated to your account.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

They were all disabled, i had to ask activation one by one, so that is not the problem.
        I'm referring to the time that passes from end of data reception and login complete (i'm using dumeter to monitor web traffic on my DSL).
        Tradebullet takes 10 second, NT up to 10 minutes....
        Same broker, two accounts, same contracts activated. So NT is slower.
        Last edited by skynetman; 05-09-2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Right, the difference is, that NT sync your live orders reported from Pats to those in the DB. If you have tons of orders/fills in the DB for the past few days it could take a while.

If these orders have been on sim account, you could clear the sim account by Tools->Options->Simulator->Reset

Comment

Originally posted by skynetman View Post
            When i connect to my patsystem account it downloads data for a while, but after it stops receiving data it takes up to 10 minutes (usually 3 to 5) to become "connected".
            If it takes more than 10 minutes i receive a sync error with "partial filled" order status and i need to restart NT.
            Why so much time? Other softwares are a lot faster, with no delay at all after they complete data download.....
            Are we suppose to "Repair DB" or Reset DB" everyday, before trading? My live platform works fine for the first couple of hours in the morning and then goes haywire. Too many strange things happen to list here. I trade ER emini exclusively and I use Zen-Fire for my feed.

Thanks,
            easybucks

Comment

Of course not. You would need to define "haywire" should you seek some help from us.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                Of course not. You would need to define "haywire" should you seek some help from us.

Thanks in advance.
                Haywire = You enter a trade at a preset spot and when it fills, it fills a point or two away from your entry.(never in your favor) Yesterday I entered an order and it immediately showed that I was over 246k in profit. Today I tried to cancel some entry/exits and when I clicked the red x to cancel them the number of contracts turned red, but wouldn't cancel. I tried entering other orders, but it wouldn't take them. I tried to "CLOSE" out and the close button didn't work either. You get the idea. This never happens on the sim; just the live platform. This just started happening since I downloaded 6.5. 6.0 was perfect. Also, I did a "Repair DB" last night.

easybucks

Comment

Thanks -

What NT version are you using specifically? Help > About.

I can't do anything about the fill prices, that is a function of the market and not NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks -

What NT version are you using specifically? Help > About.

I can't do anything about the fill prices, that is a function of the market and not NinjaTrader.
                    Version 6.5.1000.4

Why would the superdom enter it if the market was 1-2 points away?

Thanks, easybucks

Comment

SuperDOM will enter an order as you tell it to at which time it is subject to the market.

If order cancellation issue you experienced was earlier today, then this was due to temporary outages between GLOBEX and Zen-Fire. This was the first time this has happened and the team was in contact with Globex immediately to remedy the situation.

Comment

SuperDOM will enter an order as you tell it to at which time it is subject to the market.

If order cancellation issue you experienced was earlier today, then this was due to temporary outages between GLOBEX and Zen-Fire. This was the first time this has happened and the team was in contact with Globex immediately to remedy the situation.
                        Well, it was a little late for me.....I went down 15k before I could get out. And to make matters worse, I called my broker and got an answering machine....not my day!! What happened yesterday? It was a similar situation, but I only lost $400.00 on that deal. I'm becoming very gunshy. It could have been the same scenerio, except that the market was moving a lot slower than it was today when it went "haywire".

easybucks

Comment

Don't know what happened yesterday.

Comment

Don't know what happened yesterday.
                            Well, thanks for chatting with me and holding my hand. At least now I know that it isn't the superdom and can feel at ease with it again.

One more question...lol How do I get the live platform to show net figures when I close out a contract instead of the gross figure. I works perfectly on the sim, but the live platform always shows gross after closeout.

Thanks,
                            easybucks

Comment

Net figures on Zen-Fire is not supported, it will only show gross.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes