Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

why it buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why it buying

why is my nt buying without me know about it ...when i log on it already buy !!

NinjaTrader does not initiate entries without direct involvement from its user.

It would be helpful if you could provide us additional information so we could help you determine what happened.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I saw something similar to this today. I was at a friend's house and she was doing live trades on her Vista machine and running another copy of NinjaTrader on her XP laptop to display some additional charts in simulation mode.

Mid-afternoon, the laptop popped up a message saying that a trade had been rejected or blocked or something like that. I looked to see if there were any strategies running and there were none. There was no SuperDOM and no chart trader, etc.

I was quite puzzled about where this message might have come from.

I'm planning on stopping over at her house tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything (log, etc.) that I can look at to get you more data on what might have happened here?

Comment

Take a look at the trace logs along with the regular logs. They are in the \My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5 folder.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

KBJ,

If she was on a Zen-Fire demo, these logins are shared and sometimes the orders get sent to the underlying account and a message would pop up on all users logged into that specific account.

Comment

Ray: That explains it. Nothing to lose any sleep over. Thanks.

Comment

There is another way this can happen - It happened to me.

My Broker accidently closed out my position on YM futures at around 3:10pm (CT). I was suprised and noticed that that Ninja reported it as 'External'. As I would have closed it out 5mins later there was no issue.

BUT that same person at the brokerage must have realised their mistake - so what did they do - they REENTERED the position !! This was at 3:50 pm and it was lucky that I was at my desk. Again this was reported by NT as 'External'.

As you can imagine I rang up my Broker and placed a few choice words.

The Moral of this story? Always keep an eye on your account and yes, sometimes your Broker can screw up.

Oh and yes - it was not Ninja's fault. In fact I liked the fact that it showed the order as EXTERNAL - so I knew it was not me or my PC.

(Live account)

Sunrise
              Last edited by Sunrise; 01-20-2008, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sunrise for the very clear explanation of another situation that can occur.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ender_wiggum  
                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes