Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't open NT

Hi,

I'm new to NinjaTrader, have been running v.39 with no problems in sim mode for a couple of months, and just recently downloaded v.40, which did open OK last time I checked but I haven't used it lately.

Today I tried to run NT and got the following error:

The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL

When I pressed OK on the warning box, another came up saying:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xf3c (3900), Thread id=0xf40(3904).

It attempted to launch a JIT debugger, but not available, and gave an error 0x2 (2) cordbg.exe !a 0xf6c

Retries or cancels still don't get NT opening.

Any help would be most appreciated.

(System info: Sony Vaio Laptop, Intel P4 2.6GHz, 1GB Ram, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (I think!) Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1, MS Jet Database Engine, and
    V2.8 MDAC installed also.)

regards,
    Antraman

imported post

What things have you changed on your PC? If .40 ran before and does not now then something on your PC has likely changed.

Generally those error messages mean that you don't have the corrrect supporting run time requirement such as the correct MDAC etc... However, since .40 ran before, it seems out that would be the case.

For grins (normally I don't recommend this), can you uninstall NT and manually delete the folder:

C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 4

then reboot and re-install NT as per instructions from our website?

Thanks
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the reply. I just tried the uninstall and manual remove suggestion. Same problem occurred.

Actually there was a change on my PC, I installed ESP live (proprietry trading software), an upgrade from Non Live which I have been using. Two ActiveX controls had to be installed as well, one was to connect the TWS the other I can't recall. I didn't get ESP Live running, then the problems started. I did a system restore to several days before the install, yet the problem persisted. Everything else seemed to be OK, just NinjaTrader being affected, hence my thinking ot was an NT problem.

Just to check, I reinstalled the MDAC and .NET Framework stuff, but alas no help. If you can't offer a fix, it looks to me like a reinstall of Windows XP (sigh)...

thanks,
      Antraman

Comment

imported post

I am at a loss for what have caused this. Try on another PC?
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Well, after almost 2 months of pulling out my hair and gnashing my teeth over this, I am happy to say I sorted it, and have finally got NT working again.

There seemed to be a conflict with MSDART.dll (Microsoft Data Access Runtime) and service pack 2 of XP, by chance I found a new MSDART.dll file here http://www.dvico.com/faq/readfaq.asp...QFusionHDTVEng

and copied it to my system32 folder in C:\Program Files\WINDOWS,

and now seems to be OK.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80  
          Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
          0 responses