Global Cross Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cross Hair

The Global Cross Hair is a great feature but it would be a good improvement if you could give it a "active" or "passive" function in each chart. I mean if I move in Chart 1 to a different point in time, it moves Chart 2 as well and shows me the position there. But I don´t want that when I scroll in Chart 2 that Chart 1 moves to a different point in time. Having the possibility to give Chart 1 a "active" GCH Funktion and Chart 2 a "passive" GCH function would solve that issue.

Does anybody understand what I want to say?

Originally posted by flxxx View Post
    The Global Cross Hair is a great feature but it would be a good improvement if you could give it a "active" or "passive" function in each chart. I mean if I move in Chart 1 to a different point in time, it moves Chart 2 as well and shows me the position there. But I don´t want that when I scroll in Chart 2 that Chart 1 moves to a different point in time. Having the possibility to give Chart 1 a "active" GCH Funktion and Chart 2 a "passive" GCH function would solve that issue.

Does anybody understand what I want to say?
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Will setting the regular crosshair in Chart 1 and using the Global crosshair in chart 2 accomplish this?
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Will setting the regular crosshair in Chart 1 and using the Global crosshair in chart 2 accomplish this?
      No, when you have GCH in Chart 1 and CH in Chart 2. It will not show the cursor position of Chart 1 in Chart 2.

Comment

Yes, RJS, of course it does. But, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the OP has the same problem I do. That is, when reviewing chart fractals of an instrument, I would like to see the associated chart advance in sync without having to keep the crosshair at the far right edge of the chart.

As an example:

Let's say that I have two charts open, one is a 500CV and the other a 2500CV. I review the 500CV by scrolling forward using the right arrow key and every fifth bar the 2500CV chart would advance one bar. Now, the GCH feature does make this possible, but if for any reason you need to move the cursor from its far right edge or to the other chart, everything becomes skewed and you have to re-orient yourself to pick up where you left off. It seems like some sort of chart link function dedicated to review would be helpful in accomplishing this.

Comment

Thank you for your input!

I will forward these requests and descriptions to development for future consideration.
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post gentlebenthebear  
          Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
          2 responses