Custom indicator values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom indicator values

hi, just sent over an hour playing around with market analyzer settings to match my indicator values on market analyzer vs chart indicator output.

on the chart, i'm using 5 minute data, and i've loaded 60 days worth of data. there fore, # of bars = 60 days / (60 minutes / 5 minutes)*24 hours = 17280 bars.

therefore, to match my chart values, I had to set my "# of bars to lookback" to 17280 on market analyzer. That seemed to work. Is that the correct way to do this?? Seems very manual. Shouldn't this be as easy as adding an indicator on a chart.....? And the values should match? What am i missing here?

Hello,
    Thank your post.
    Unfortunately in the Market Analyzer you will need to set the number of bars to look back for indicator columns added in.
    I am submitting a request to our development team to add in the feature to include maximum bars look back to maximum available.
    If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cody. My value is still off by a few basis points. Is my method of calculating # of bars correct? Or should I just put a insanely large number in there, so that it fetches maximum number of bars. I guess my question is, does the look back number of bars have to be exactly same as the lookback number of bars on the chart?

Comment

Hello,
        Your method that you used to calculate the number of bars on the chart is correct.
        The number of bars to look back would need to equal the same if your indicator setting on the chart for MaximumBarsLookBack is equal to infinite. If this setting on your indicator is TwoHundredFiftySix the bars lookback in the market analyzer would need to 256.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
          Hello,
          Your method that you used to calculate the number of bars on the chart is correct.
          The number of bars to look back would need to equal the same if your indicator setting on the chart for MaximumBarsLookBack is equal to infinite. If this setting on your indicator is TwoHundredFiftySix the bars lookback in the market analyzer would need to 256.

ok here is my setup and my values do not match:

chart settings:

lookback bars 256.
          Days loaded 60

value -1.2

market analyzer setting
          lookback bars 256
          days loaded == doesnt give any option for this

value -1

---
          what can i do to match the values

Comment

Hello,

Please right click in the Market Analyzer and select Properties. In the Properties menu, please ensure that the '# of bars to look back' property is set to 60.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

Please right click in the Market Analyzer and select Properties. In the Properties menu, please ensure that the '# of bars to look back' property is set to 60.
              \

that didnt work. what does # of bars to look back in market analyzer properties represent? Does it represet days to load?

anyways, below are all my screenshots. Where is the mismatch?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The 'Session Template' setting in the chart and Market Analyzer do not match currently but would need to in order to ensure that values are plotted in the same way.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

The 'Session Template' setting in the chart and Market Analyzer do not match currently but would need to in order to ensure that values are plotted in the same way.

session template also matches now. still has a variance. can you please try to plot ATR(14) on chart and on market analyzer and show me the settings for markey analyzer and chart setting and data series so that i can see that the atr(14) on both matches on your computer?

thanks

Comment

Friendly reminder. I'd really like to use this feature. I have an indicator that calcs standard deviations away from spread. It would be really good to be able to sort all the pairs on market analyzer rather than having to open 10 charts.

Comment

Hello,
                      I have attached a screenshot of a Market Analyzer for the CL 04-15 with an ATR (14 Period) column and a chart of the CL 04-15 with an ATR(14 period) Indicator added.
                      I have also include screenshots with the Settings for each of the column and the indicator.
                      I would like to note if on the indicator column or the Indicator setting if you have Calculate on Bar Close set to true on one and false on the other you will get different results if you have all your other settings set correctly.
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks.

question:

if my maximum bars look back in data is setup to 256. But my indicator "period" is setup to a number greater than 256. What are the output values based off? Is my indicator not looking past 256 bars to do any calculation?

Comment

Originally posted by calhawk01 View Post
                          thanks.

question:

if my maximum bars look back in data is setup to 256. But my indicator "period" is setup to a number greater than 256. What are the output values based off? Is my indicator not looking past 256 bars to do any calculation?

+1 more

how do i setup the settings for bar loading for 5 minute? it seems market analyzer only displays correct values for 1 min

Comment

Hello,
                            The indicator will only use the 256 bars that are available if the period is greater than the maximumbarslookback amount of 256.
                            To change the value of the period in the Indicator Column right click on the Market Analyzer and go to "Columns" select the Indicator column and under the "Data Series" Section change the value from 1 min to 5 minute. This will calculate the indicator column based off of what a 5 min chart would be.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes