Problems with Interactive Brokers connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToddPMan View Post
    I'm having this same issue and frankly it really makes NT very risky and borderline unusable with IB. I have an Advisor Master account with IB with 5 accounts. Anytime I'm trading in more than one account, I can no longer trust anything that chart trader shows in terms of actual open positions. The only way to "clean" it up is to disconnect and reconnect and then switch back all my charts from SIM to there appropriate account number... by the time you get that done markets move and you miss entries/exits. Even worse, walking away and coming back and seeing chart trader, thinking one thing, but in reality another has happened and then trading off the wrong assumption... I've lost money because of this fatal flaw!! Now, of course, I double check everything with TWS. I used to do that anyway from time to time, but now I have to do it ALL the time.

I really do hope something can be done to fix this problem.
    yes it's really an issue NT needs to address sooner rather than later..It makes it very difficult to keep track of position, especially if you disconnect once a week as I do

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Currently when trading multiple accounts within the same IB connection, accounts are updated one by one as provided thru the IB API.

The only work around available at this time is to have your accounts setup by IB to have seperate login credentials for each account then create seperate connections for each within NinjaTrader.

If you decide to make this change please let me know and I would be happy to provide the specific steps to get both connections configured.
      Christopher,

Since this is a significant problem. I would like to try the workaround. Please provide the additional details you speak about. I have an Adviser Master account with IB, which has 5 trading accounts within it... I need to be able to trade all 5 accounts from NinjaTrader at the same time.

Thanks,

-Todd

Comment

In order for this work around to work each account would need to have separate login credentials.

Currently does each account have separate login information?
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In order for this work around to work each account would need to have separate login credentials.

Currently does each account have separate login information?
          Yes, I have account logins for all the sub-accounts.

Comment

First manually start TWS from the desktop for each account and login

When TWS has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value. Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username. Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account, etc. so each account has a unique port value.

Next in NinjaTrader create a new connection for each new account matching the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.

I have provided a link below to the Interactive connection guide:

Next connect in NT using File > Connect, you will do this each account connection.

Also each time you want to connect please open TWS first for each account then connect within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Ok. Thank you. I'll give this a shot, although, that's probably a lot more overhead on the old PC....

So is this issue something that NT is working to fix? Has this been addressed in the next version?

Thanks.

Comment

Our development team is aware of the issue however it is too early for us to know what has been addressed. We will have more information regarding this once we are closer to a beta release of the next major release of NinjaTrader.

Thanks again everyone for your patience.

Comment

connection lost

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Do you currently only have Mosaic open? If so can you please go to New Window-->Advanced Order Managerment (TWS) and let me know if you can then connect.
                  hi Christopher
                  having some issues with my TWS connection to NT8, connection keeps dropping out randomly, disabling my live strategies.
                  i am using
                  TWS Build 961.1a,
                  NT8 : 8.0.0.14 (Standard) - Release Candidate 2
                  is there a fix for this

Comment

Hello maaz1598,

Thank you for your patience.

If you have not resolved this matter please let us know at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post chbruno