Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug in NT 6.5 Building Indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in NT 6.5 Building Indicators?

Hello, I'm new to NT and have 6.5. Anyone having trouble building indicators using the tutorial videos?

I do exactly as told, but the indicator doesn't build properly. It consistently looks like a MA type thing linked to price in it's own window.

I also tried to place a simple MA in it's own window and regardless, it always shows on the main panel over price.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Alphadirected, welcome to our support forums! Which tutorial # did you follow? On which panel did you choose to display your resulting indicator? You can select this when you apply the final indicator to the chart > Panel setting under Indicators > General
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand.

I tried again several times using the indicator wizard -- levels 1-7. No joy.

Can you please explain to me how to simply put the HMA ma into a separate panel. I'd like it to cross over a zero line like a CCI indi.

I left the "Overlay on price" unchecked and it placed the indicator in a separate panel. The problem is that the indicator isn't the HMA but something else. It seems to be a representation of price in the separate panel.

I tried all the tutorials from #1-7 and my indicators always look the same.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying - please add the regular HMA indicator and then select for example to display in Panel 2. On the right side it would then use the same scale as the price itself. Since the HMA is not an oscillator you cannot display it a CCI like fashion to move around its zeroline, for this you would need custom code.

If I didn't follow you correctly, please post the code you used so we can take a look and help you out.

Comment

Ok got it.

Am I able to use the indicator wizard to make an indicator that uses HMA as the input to CCI?

I've already downloaded CCIma. Instead of SMA as the input I'd like to use HMA.

This is my second day with NT. Thanks for the patience. It looks to be a great package the more I look around.

Comment

You're welcome - thanks. In the CCIMA script, just right click and select 'Save As' and enter a new name such as CCIHMA...then change the SMA in the code to use the HMA...then hit F5 to compile the script and apply it to your chart.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand! I'm getting it now.

Good stuff.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
              21 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder