Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remove drawing objects by their type

Hello

On NT7 there was a possibility to remove drawing objects by their type. For example, remove all horizontal lines. How can that be accomplished on NT8?

Thanks

Hello kiss987,

NinjaTrader 8 replaces this with a more versatile way of being able to remove individual drawing objects from the Drawing Tools window which NinjaTrader 7 did not allow.

Please let know if you would like me to forward a feature request on your behalf to return to the functionality of NinjaTrader 7 to be able to remove objects by object type instead of being able to view these in individually in the Drawing Tools window.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm pretty sure this appears elsewhere and I'm pretty sure I've added a vote and commented:

It's pretty straight-forward to my mind, what has been done in 8 has gained one thing and lost another. Consequences, either un-intended or not thought through.

you've gained the versatility of single selection, at the expense of the efficiency of by type.

Some 7 users used and miss by type in 8, so it seems to me there is a role for it, possibly both if the increased versatility introduced in 8 was because it was a requested feature

Just my 10c
      Last edited by brucerobinson; 07-23-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

In my opinion, Ideally both functionalities will be available.
        Please add a feature request.

Thank you

Comment

Hello kiss987,

I have received tracking ID #SFT-1215 for your request to be able to remove all drawing objects of a specific type.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add mee too, a feature request.

Thank you

Comment

Thanks, juananitas, voted added!
              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is something I requested back in the beta phase of NT8 so this is not a new request.

I am really disappointed with the NT development decisions

How can you justify adding significant new features before you have flushed out the basic features set of NT8. There are numerous examples of things you arbitrarily decided to not include with NT8. Features from NT7 that many of us have noted over the last couple of years since NT8 beta. Yet with few exceptions we don't see any action on these requests.

One very poignant example if the Chart refresh rate.

Who is making these decisions and how do they consider their opinion to be more important than the people who pay money for this software.

To me it appears there is an incredible arrogance on the part of NT management

Numerous people have stated they are looking for alternatives to NT8, for me this is not an option seeing how I have invested many years developing systems based on thousands of dollars worth of indicators from third parties that only run on NT8.

In other words I am fully committed to your product but in my view you are not committed to your loyal users.

In conclusion I could use some really rude remark but in the interest of civility I will just say, I think it is time for NT to really take a look at who pays the bills and start acting according

Regards

James 108

Comment

In NInjaTrader 8 we implemented a different approach to managing drawing objects by introducing the drawing object dialog, where you can multi-select by holding down SHIFT or CTRL to quickly select multiple drawing objects for editing or removal. We're monitoring feedback on that change and have some ideas of our own on how to improve that process even further, however nothing that we will release/implement in the near term. Your general feedback as well has been passed internally. Thx for expressing it constructively and wish you the best.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                    Hello kiss987,

I have received tracking ID #SFT-1215 for your request to be able to remove all drawing objects of a specific type.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this.
                    Please, add my vote to #SFT-1215

Thanks !

Comment

Please, add my vote to #SFT-1215

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes