Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BuySellPressure Indi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BuySellPressure Indi

Is there a way to modify the way this indicator displays so that it shows the bid/ask volume waxing and waning, and ultimately closes in the net direction? I'd like it to look like this:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks

Hello tiger45,

Thank you for your post.

Can you define the waxing and waning plot idea further? Something like what BuySellVolume does?

What are the gray bars representing in the screenshot as it would be for this idea of an indicator?

What are the black lines representing in the screenshot as it would be for this idea of an indicator?

Comment

The current indicator just builds upon itself. It distinguishes positive and negative volume with color. I'd like to see more of a net result bar.

The idea is the bar acts just like a price bar, showing the maximum positive and maximum negative values. The only major difference is that each bar always starts on the zero line.

So if the bar appears to have a wick, it meant the buying volume increased to some level, then faded because of increased selling volume.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Comment

Hello tiger45,

Thank you for your response.

What dictates the line plotting above or below the 0 line? For example, is sell volume below the 0 line and buy volume above?

I am trying to get an idea of how the bar plots. Based on what you have said I would see a plot above 0 for buy and below 0 for sell, but what dictates which bar is built - because I can have buy and sell volume at the same time. Is it which ever is a larger value for the current instrument bar?

Comment

Hey Patrick,

What is getting plotted is the net difference between buying volume and selling volume. When there is more buying than selling, the bar is green and is above the line. When the selling volume is greater, the bar is below the zero line and is red.

Here's a scenario:

As the bar opens, buying volume is greater than selling volume and the bar rises above the zero line. Lets say the bar grows to 100 (there were 100 more contracts bought than sold).

At some point, selling volume increase and the bar starts to fall. It will leave a wick in its path, showing that the buying volume was 100 contracts greater than selling volume at its maximum.

Selling continues until there is more selling volume than buying. At that point, the bar will cross below the zero line and turn red. This continues until the net volume is a negative 75, for example.

Then buying volume starts to increase and the bar begins to rise towards the zero line, leaving a tail that ends at 75, showing that at the maximum, selling volume was 75 contracts greater than the buying volume.

Now say the bar closes with a net selling greater than buying by 25. The bar would be red with a close at 25, have a wick going up to 100, and a tail going down to 75. So when looking at the bar, you could see the max and min differences in the buying and selling, and you would know the end result.

Thanks again for helping me with this.

Comment

Hello tiger45,

As a means to start the indicator, you may want to review the "spread indicator": http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=512 which is an example of using candlesticks as an indicator.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by tiger45 View Post
              Hey Patrick,

What is getting plotted is the net difference between buying volume and selling volume. When there is more buying than selling, the bar is green and is above the line. When the selling volume is greater, the bar is below the zero line and is red.

Here's a scenario:

As the bar opens, buying volume is greater than selling volume and the bar rises above the zero line. Lets say the bar grows to 100 (there were 100 more contracts bought than sold).

At some point, selling volume increase and the bar starts to fall. It will leave a wick in its path, showing that the buying volume was 100 contracts greater than selling volume at its maximum.

Selling continues until there is more selling volume than buying. At that point, the bar will cross below the zero line and turn red. This continues until the net volume is a negative 75, for example.

Then buying volume starts to increase and the bar begins to rise towards the zero line, leaving a tail that ends at 75, showing that at the maximum, selling volume was 75 contracts greater than the buying volume.

Now say the bar closes with a net selling greater than buying by 25. The bar would be red with a close at 25, have a wick going up to 100, and a tail going down to 75. So when looking at the bar, you could see the max and min differences in the buying and selling, and you would know the end result.

Thanks again for helping me with this.
              That can only work in realtime, as some of your data is not stored anywhere, so cannot be plotted historically. Specifically, there is no storage of the highest buying or selling pressure: it is all about the close.

Comment

I know. I'm OK with real time only plotting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno