Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requirements to Trade on NYSE

Hello traders,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, so please point me to correct forum to ask this question if I'm in the wrong place.

I'm a British national and I live in England. However, I would like to trade stocks on the NYSE. Can I purchase stocks on the NYSE using the services of an American broker with the British Pound and receive profits to my British bank account?

I know the question is a little confusing so I'll try and explain a little further.

When I lived and worked in New York I had an American bank account and therefore there was no problem trading stocks on the NYSE and having any profits transferred to my American bank account. At the time I used Interactive Brokers. My American bank account has now been closed and Interactive Broker require me have an American bank account to trade stocks on NYSE.

I hope that is a good enough explanation.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Carlton

Hello Carlton,

Thank you for your post.

I do not know of any US brokers that would allow you to trade using the British Pound.

I would suggest reviewing our list of supported brokerages and following up with them:

Perhaps a community member has more experience with this and would be able to give you further recommendations.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will check out your link.

I imagine you're American, however are you aware of any British brokers that will allow me to trade NYSE with the British pound?

Cheers mate.

Comment

I should point out that the main reason for wanting to trade the NYSE is because the LSE moves so damn slowly. I would like to swing trade whereby I put on a trade and give the trade time (1 - 3 days) to move up/down until it reached my price or stopped out.

When I was trading the NYSE I could attain my objectives in a single day and by the third day I would know if I wanted to stay in the market or get out.

When I came back to England and attempted trading the LSE the market moved so slowly compared the NYSE.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you guys know any tricks to overcome that situation.

Someone advised that instead of trading over 1 - 3 I should trade the LSE on an hourly basis, but I'm not sure that is good advice. I quite like putting on a trade and letting it run its course over a few days until I've reached my profit target or stopped out.

I hope I'm making sense.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes