Printing charts with black backgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing charts with black backgrounds

Charts with black backgrounds are much easier to read than those with white backgrounds. A disadvantage with using black backgrounds is that printing a chart with a black background uses a lot of ink. I have found a printing program call Snagit that solves this problem. It has two color manipulation options:

1) Color Substitution - Replaces a color with one other color. All black pixels can to replaced with white pixels and white with black.

2) Invert Colors - Inverts the RGB color values.

Suggestion: Add chart Color Substitution and Invert Colors options to NT so black background charts could be printed without additional software. This could be implemented in two ways. A display option to do the color manipulation before the chart is displayed then Print only prints the chart as displayed. Or, it could be an option to manipulate the pixels before the chart is sent to the printer.

I like the first implementation because you can start using black backgrounds without changing any Color options for your existing charts, And, indicators/strategies with default black text and drawn objects do not have to be changed.
    Last edited by Jim W.; 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM.

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add it to the list of future considerations.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can do this now by creating a second template in the colors you want for printing so that you can just switch the template when it is time to print.
      JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use black backgrounds too. It would be nice to be able to print my charts without having to buy more software.

This suggestion is very old. Is it still on the developer's list?
        Last edited by ymScalper; 09-12-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your feedback ymScalper, this is still tracked on our feedback list - I've just added your vote / request in here as well.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses