Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectiong HK stock real-time data in IB

Hello,

I am wondering how to set up connection Hong Kong Stock using IB in the instrument manager.
    How should I map it and arrange the setting?

thanks
    justmake

Hi justmake,

You can create new stock instruments in the Instrument Manager. Please click the New button and enter all correct information such as the exchange, currency, tick size, etc.

In addition, you will need to enter the correct symbol mapping for IB under the Misc-tab. You can find the symbol guide for IB at the link below.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

problem connecting to hong kong stock

hi, when I tried to retrieve the data for a hong kong stock, Ninja trader came back with this error message

"Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been for the request: Invalide value in fied #55(200)"

would appreciate if you could tell me how to resolve this error. thanks

prorege

Comment

Hi,

Please use the directions provided then restart NinjaTrader and let me know if the issue persists.

Go to Tools --> Options --> misc tab --> reset instruments
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi michael

thanks for your speedy response.

I did as you said, however after restarting NT, and trying to chart the stock, it popped up the same msg box.

I have entered 0$ min: 0/0 as the entry in the symbol map.

Is there anything else I can try. I verified that IB data feed is working fine because I could chart using Sierra.

thanks
          prorege

Comment

Hello,

You are in the commission settings in the Misc tab. To map a symbol please scroll down from where you looking now in the Misc tab. Here is a link with details on symbol mapping:

You will want to edit the Interactive Brokers field to match what is in the link Jason posted below.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
            • Press the "New" button
            • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
            • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
            • Press the "OK" button
            * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
            The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
            • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
            • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
            • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
            • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
            You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi ben

thanks for pointing out the mistake on the commission settings. It works now.

However, when I tried to add an equity directly by opening up the chart, ( without going thru the instrument manager ), after keying in all the parameters for type, name and exchange, and interval setting, it popped up an error msg " you need to select an instrument" when i clicked ok.

any idea where i did wrong ? thanks

prorege

Comment

You will need the equity inside the Instrument Manager first. Please ensure you have the instrument added.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Getting HK stock data through NT

Hi,

Thanks for the information above. I tried to follow and add one Hong Kong stock, symbol 1212, using the instrument manager. I select HKEX as exchange (however, the default is alwyas selected and I can't un-select it.) and in the mapping field for IB, I put in "1212".

I then reset the instrument and restart NT. When I try to create a new chart, I got the following error message:

Error on loading chart data for "1212 Hkex": Historical Data Service error message: No market data permissions for SEHK STK

However, from my TWS, I can pull up the chart for 1212 without problem.

What do I do wrong or miss here?

Thanks.

Henry

Comment

Hello hongchen2000

Thank you for your post.

• What version of Interactive Brokers’ TWS are you currently using to connect NinjaTrader?
                    • Please upload a screenshot of the 1212 instrument settings – include both “definition” & “misc” tabs

For convenience, here is the complete detail for Setting up & Editing instruments in the Instrument Manager:
                    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Chip,

Here is the TWS version information:

Build 911.3, Nov 18, 2010 12:23:26 PM
                      Jolt Build 1.1.7, Sep 9, 2010 02:19:30 PM
                      Nia Build 1.7.7, Aug 6, 2010 02:35:40 PM
                      ModelNav Build 1.1.29, Oct 5, 2010 08:32:30 AM

Java Version: 1.6.0_21

Also attached is the screenshot for 1212 setup.

Thanks a lot.
                      Hong
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello hongchen2000,

Could you upload the screenshot again but do so in .jpg format? The Word doc ‘picture’ was truncated so I was unable to determine the settings.

Thank you,
                        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. Attached are the screenshots in jpg format. Thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Would you mind sending your IB username and password to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post.

We will test your connection then and see if we can get the 1212 up and running.

Can you confirm as well in that note that you are able to receive data and bring up a chart for this Stock in TWS.
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I'm also trying to add hong kong stock ticker into ninja7 from IB connection without success. I believe the internal hong kong exchange name "HKEX" need to be change to "SEHK" in order for IB connection to work. I've been saying this since ninja6.0... Anyway, if this is fix, i believe a lot of hong kong trader will be attracted to your platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TraderBCL  
                              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post martin70