Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about 3rd party data provider as backup

Hi,

I am looking at backup data providers (i have seen the suggested list), and i am confused about how this setup will work...

There will need to be a multi-broker license right, but how does it all work?
    Does my original data feed (Mirus Futures with Zen-Fire) maintain its normal function?
    And does the back up data provider only have priority when i select it to run?
    Or does it run automatically WITH my original data running?
    Is Zen-Fire not needed if i use a 3rd party data provider service?

I have noticed that this service might be costly $$ so i have to ask.. is it better data feeds than what i get now?

Thank you
    Steven

Hello Steven,

A multi broker license is not necessarily required; only when you like to connect to two broker technologies. You can connect to an additional supported data feed only using a single broker license.

You can find all supported broker technologies and data feeds at the link below.

Please see the link below for more information upon using multiple connections.

In addition, when using multiple connections, NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, future, index, forex), it will retrieve data from the second connection.

You will need to connect to Zen-Fire in order to trade your live account.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason

I will check it out.

Just one thought tho, if for example my primary connection is down for say 5 minutes, and therefore my second live data feed suppliments in this timeframe, then at the end of the day when that data becomes 'historical data' does it's data maintain exactly as it was shown live?

And also, if for some reason there happens to be some discrepancy with a period of historical data, can i use the 'backup data provider' to re-load or fix that bad period, and have it updated?

Thanks
      Steven

Comment

Hello Steven,

Yes, as long as you do not reload historical data in the chart.

Yes, connect to your backup feed only and reload historical data.

Comment

Jason,

I have been trading through Mirus / Zen-Fire for six months now, and i dread the occasions that suddenly and unexpectedly i have lost connection (usually just 5 seconds only). This has been happening on average one times per day, sometimes not at all, and sometimes many more per day. It may be;

a) Internet connection / internet provider issue, or

b) my connectivity data provider (Zen-Fire), or a combination of both....

If, for the purpose of my question, we assume that it's only a connectivity data provider issue, then what benefit would having a backup live data feed provider be (with only the single broker license)... because i think that even the backup data feed would get stuck at the single connectivity provider right??? (in this case Zen-Fire).

So based on that assumption, is it better to have connection to two different connectivity providers? Will it be possible for my live NinjaTrader Strategy to interact between these two connectivity providers - if and when the first one goes down for that 5 second period as suggested above?

Many thanks
          Steven

Comment

Hello Steven,

I am not sure if I follow. However, if you use two connections simultaneously, once one connection disconnects, the other connection will take over automatically.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes