TimeSpan indicator parameter settings lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TimeSpan indicator parameter settings lost

Hello in the process of converting some of my indicators from NT7 to NT8 one of them includes some TimeSpan inputs which have 00:00:00 as default.

On compiling and running yesterday all worked fine and the time calculations based on new TradingHours replacing the Bars.Session seems to work as i desire for the purposes of the indicator.

When i saved the workspace and opened today the settings which were changed in some instances on some charts to other times have all reverted back to 00:00:00
    Does this need to be serialised or something else in the way Colors were in NT7.

There was no issue in NT7 for these inputs being saved between closing and launching NT7.

I am using TickReplay on the dataseries set to true ... and noticed this morning that when trying to change the parameters back and closing indicator panel NT8 just suspended and did not come back and needed to kill the process via the task manager.

thanks

Hello, please disregard i had 2 versions of this indicator one which used (00:00:00) and the other was actually coded to handle the TimeSpan serialisation i now recall has to be provided as was written a while ago. Now i will convert this version.

[Browsable(false)]
    public string StartTimeSerialize
    {
    get { return startTime.ToString(); }
    set { startTime = TimeSpan.Parse(value); }
    }

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply that you had found the answer on this.

You are correct, TimeSpan's and most other more complex Types would need to be put into a string to be serialized and that is able to be re-parsed by that types Parse method.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
      0 responses
      1 view