ATM bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM bug?

Under what conditions can an ATM template execute in Sim101 instead of the account specified in the ATM?

For example, this morning I turned off Global Simulation Mode so I could create an ATM in Charttrader to trade in my cash account. The ATM specifies my cash account and I tested the ATM by placing an order in Charttrader below the market and the order placed and cancelled fine....meaning in the Orders tab it used the cash account

I then specified the same ATM in my cs and a trade was triggered. The trade however was placed in Sim101 instead of the cash account. Same ATM as my manual test...with different results.

The Log showed no errors....such as, not being able to find the ATM template...so I know it executed the same ATM. In fact, my cs plots the name of the ATM template right on the chart.

I then tested the ATM again manually by placing an order in Charttrader above the market and it placed and cancelled fine again in the cash account.

How can this be? My cs uses AtmStrategyCreate which does not specify an account...just calls the ATM....which in this case is the cash ATM. Somehow it defaulted to Sim101 even though Global Simulation Mode is still turned off.

Thanks.

What do you mean ATM specifies an account? ATM strategy templates are account independant.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I mean in the Charttrader chart, I specify my cash account when I create the ATM...I therefore assumed it would use the cash account which it obviously does not.

When I was using ATI via eSignal I would specify the account with the order.

AtmStrategyCreate does not specify an account. Perhaps this could be added?

Perhaps the problem is that my workspace is also running a Sim101 chart. Maybe you can not run both sim and cash in the same workspace? If this is the case, then it would be a benefit to allow both via AtmStrategyCreate

Comment

Still don't follow -

- NinjaScript strategies that spawn ATM strategies will send the order to the account specified by the NinjaScript strategy set at run time of the strategy
        - In Chart Trader, orders are submitted based on the selected Account in the account drop down list

Comment

note in bottom right of attached pic that the ATM is for the cash account. Manually it uses the cash account and via the cs it use Sim101...which I assume is due to the setting in the Strategy Parameters dialog (in the top left of attached pic).

How do I specify my cash account in the Strategy Parameters.....i.e. it is grayed out and can not be changed? Can I set it in my cs code?

Is it defaulting to Sim101 because I am running both sim and cash charts/ATMs in the same workspace?
          Attached Files

Comment

answer is in Tools/Options/Simulation

need to have 'Start in simulation' turned off when loading the strategy to the chart...see pic

thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Please check Help > About, what NT version are you using and edition?

Comment

OK thanks, disregard last post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                31 responses
                1 like
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian