Problem with Data During Market Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Data During Market Hours

This afternoon I had a problem with ER2 09-07 symbol where there seemed to be a bad data point way off scale. I attempted to do a data rebuild for this symbol but that simply hung the program completely. I have attached (I think) a jpeg picture of what the screen looked like. I eventually swithched over to quote tracker to finish the day as NT at least for this symbol was not functional. Any ideas as to what to do next time?
    Attached Files

- what is your data provider?
    - can you reproduce the hung problem at will? if so, please provide exact steps

Comment

Data Provider etc.

My data provider is DTNIQ. By the way, Quote Tracker did not show that error at all using the same data provider. When the problem originally occurred, I was not doing anything at all, just monitoring the market. At that time all 3 chart windows: 15 min, 3min, and 30 second simulataneously displayed the same problem. The computer was brought to its knees. After failing to reload the data eventually used task manager to shut down NT. Rebooting NT simply brought the same problem back up. That's when I shut down NT again and switched over to QT for the remainder of the session.

This morning when I booted up NT to try to duplicate the problem, the 15min and 3 min charts looked ok including scrolling back in time to the problem time (approx. 14:12 yesterday afternoon EST). The 30 second chart had the same problem as shown in the attached jpeg before connecting to DTNIQ. After the connection was made this morning the problem disappeared.

I guess in theory NT is usuable again but what's bothering me is that I need a way to quickly recover if this happens again. In QT really bad ticks are filtered away and the user can manually overide them if necessary. I was down for about 15 min yesterday trying to sort this out and would have been down for the remainder of the day if QT was unavailable as a backup.

Comment

- tick filtering will be available by fall time frame
        - please let us know when you have a reproducible scenario on the lock up so we could debug here in our end

Thanks

Comment

Followup

I did a bit more research using Quote Tracker and it turns out the bad data point did appear in their data base but simply didn't chart because of filtering. I was able to eliminate the bad data very easily. They have two techniques both of which work well. The quickest that would be used during market hours is simply Ctrl>Shift>H or Ctrl>Shift>L to take out the visible high print or low print respectively on the screen. With a right click menu you can optionally take out the high or low print of the entire day. The 2nd way is to simply pull up a tick editor, for the time period that has a problem, identify the bad print and delete it.

There is nothing really to trouble shoot. Simply get this critical feature into NT as soon as you can. In the meantime, I'm going back to QT. Thanks for you help.

Comment

Thanks for that feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses