Account Performance missing stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance missing stuff

Currently using 6.5.1000.14 and having recurring problems with Account Performance tool reporting correctly. Had already reset database (yesterday since problems previously observed). I entered the following SIM trades today, all executions of which are properly plotted (TextAndMarker ) on their respective charts:

3 CL 12-09 Trades
    1 6E 12-09 Trade
    1 DX 12-09 Trade
    3 ES 12-09 Trades

All accounts, instruments, Templates, and Providers are selected...
    First problem: The Account Performance Instruments list does not include ES 12-09.
    Second problem: Only first CL trade and the DX trade show up under the Trades tab.
    Under the Executions tab, I see the paired executions for those 2 trades, plus the entry for the 6E trade (no exit). The other CL trades and the ES trades are missing.

If NT7 Beta is available and it's database is more reliable, I'd be happy to help support your testing.

Hello Miker,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

Please let me know if the issue persists after generating a new report.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have already done that, a few times and the problem persists. In fact, now when I reconnect it is automatically entering a short position in 6E 12-09 (probably the one for which it never properly recorded its exit). Really messed up Also, all of my charts are blank - no data.

Comment

After trying that Repair DB step again, I decided to close the program and restart. That managed to get most things back to normal though it still had pending orders on the 6E 12-09. I closed all open orders and flattened all (again) and this time, the Account Performance database shows all original trades (as well as the bogus ones) - glad they were only on SIM!

Comment

Wrote a bit prematurely that all was well. Looks like the original 6E 12-09 Execution (tab) shows the initial entry (Sell) and matching exit (Buy) in proper sequence, the Sell portion of the Trade is not showing up in the Trades tab; could explain why everything got out of synch. I assume the only solution now is to Reset the DB???

Comment

Hi Miker,

Within the Executions tab the orders will be listed by the time they were executed and not paired up to entry/exit. Please let me know if the Executions times are lining up in order as they were executed.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Executions look to be correct.
              The Trades do not.
              I'm attaching the record of each tab for the 6E trades.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for those attachments. After reviewing those I see what you are referring. However, to look at the issue more closely can you please send your trace and log files for today and yesterday's date to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com, and place Attn RyanO and reference this forum post as well in the body of the email.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2009xxxx.txt
                Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2009xxxx.txt
                Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This happens to me all the time in sim mode

This happens to me almost every day in sim mode. Often trades do not show up in Account Performance for several minutes, sometime longer. Sometimes they do not show up at all.

It makes me scared to use Ninjatrader for live trading.

The other thing that makes me afraid to use Ninja live is that it sometimes crashes. I would like to be able to run the DOM and order management as a completely separate program/executable from the charts, so that when the charts crash (charts crashing is not an issue particular to NT - charts can crash with any charting platform ) my DOM would still be active and I could still manage my position

Comment

When I'm trading live with NT, I usually, but not always, have 2 computers, one dedicated to the DOM and the other to the Charts (or a limited set of charts). Of course, the both can't be the full-featured version, unless you pay twice. My biggest concern with NT is not so much the issue I mentioned in my original post - some bugs are to be expected - rather, it is that NT often hangs when there are sustained volume spikes, just when you don't want it to! I know it is not my network (FIOS) especially since Trade Station seems to be able to keep up just fine (on yet a 3rd computer). I don't have any empirical proof, but it may be related to having more than an optimum number of charts, indicators, and strategies running concurrently, not to mention that, if NT's underlying database is the Access engine, then this is most certainly the issue.

Comment

Repair DB worked

Repair DB worked ... thanks for that. Still makes me nervous.

I sure hope Ninja isn't running on an MS Access database... what a scary thought! Access is legendary for its unreliability.

Using 2 computers is a good idea miker; this is my plan when I go live. For charting, the free version seems fine.

Comment

NT hangs during volume spikes

Originally posted by miker View Post
                        When I'm trading live with NT, I usually, but not always, have 2 computers, one dedicated to the DOM and the other to the Charts (or a limited set of charts). Of course, the both can't be the full-featured version, unless you pay twice. My biggest concern with NT is not so much the issue I mentioned in my original post - some bugs are to be expected - rather, it is that NT often hangs when there are sustained volume spikes, just when you don't want it to! I know it is not my network (FIOS) especially since Trade Station seems to be able to keep up just fine (on yet a 3rd computer). I don't have any empirical proof, but it may be related to having more than an optimum number of charts, indicators, and strategies running concurrently, not to mention that, if NT's underlying database is the Access engine, then this is most certainly the issue.
                        I have the same problem but in REAL/LIVE mode.
                        Some charts just flat-line. RELOAD HISTORICAL DATA does not help.
                        THe problem goes away after a few minutes but diring the most volatile moments I am a dead duck.

I wonder how many more people have these problems and how long will it take to get fixed.

I have sent pictures, trace and log files and the problem is STILL BEING INVESTIGATED.

This is going on for several months.

Gabe

Comment

Account performance issues

I am having the following problem since March 2009.
                          I hope that by posting a picture of it more people will come forward and the problem will be fixed.
                          You will notice that 1 or more trades from a prior day shows up in the current day's TRADES tab.
                          SOmetimes it modifies and exsisting trade and sometimes it just adds itself to the trades.
                          The added traded is the first or the last from the prior day.
                          The worst i have seen was adding trades going back 2 days.
                          This/these trades show up as having been initiated in the prior day but concluded in the current day.
                          As I don't keep positions open over night as a rule, I don't see how this could happen.

Gabe
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Some brokers do no support holding the trades overnight. Please check with them on this.
                            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
                              Hello,

Some brokers do no support holding the trades overnight. Please check with them on this.

It would help if you would quote the post you are answering to.
                              As it is now, one cannot tell who you are addressing your answers.

Thanks

Gabe

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              7 responses