Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SendMail error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SendMail error

When using sendmail() I am getting error: Failed to send mail '.....': 500 Learn to type!

I have SMTP Server: localhost, port 25

Any thoughts?

Maybe try changing the localhost to whatever smtp server your ISP provides you with?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I run a local SMTP server. QuoteTracker and eSignal are able to use it fine. In NT, under Options-ATI-General tab, I have 'Enable SMTP Server' unset, and under Options-Misc-Mail Setup, I have Server set to localhost, port=25. I believe port 25 is the default for SMTP. I've also tried IP 127.0.0.1 and the 192.168 IP of my computer. Is there anything else I should be configurinig in NT? IS NT designed to work on a localhost SMTP server?

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Maybe try changing the localhost to whatever smtp server your ISP provides you with?

Comment

NT uses as commercial mail component which likely is designed to work with any SMTP server. Please try a different SMTP server than your local one.

Comment

Ok,

Using SMTP server=smtp.mail.yahoo.com, Port=465, username/password, press 'Test...' button, enter destination address, and got error 'Failed to send test mail. Error receiving data from socket.'

Ok, so, I set Tools-Options-ATI-General-Enable SMTP Server, Unset everything under Tools-Options-Misc-Mail Setup, press 'Test...' button, enter destination address, an got error 'Failed to send test mail. Error connecting to server 81.169.163.72'

What else can I possibly try ????

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          NT uses as commercial mail component which likely is designed to work with any SMTP server. Please try a different SMTP server than your local one.

Comment

Sounds like a personal firewall issue maybe?

Comment

Any comments from support? Should I just give up on this functionalitly with NT and rely on my other software?

Originally posted by monpere View Post
              Ok,

Using SMTP server=smtp.mail.yahoo.com, Port=465, username/password, press 'Test...' button, enter destination address, and got error 'Failed to send test mail. Error receiving data from socket.'

Ok, so, I set Tools-Options-ATI-General-Enable SMTP Server, Unset everything under Tools-Options-Misc-Mail Setup, press 'Test...' button, enter destination address, an got error 'Failed to send test mail. Error connecting to server 81.169.163.72'

What else can I possibly try ????

Comment

Unfortunately we are all out of ideas...Of course we wish would would have been able to resolve the issue.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Sparkyboy  
                Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                21 responses
                0 likes