Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: NT7 15 may be live when the global symulate flag is set

Hello Support,

On restart of NT7 15, if a previous chart is automatically loaded and that chart had a live account code selected before the restart, it will continue to have the live account selected even though the global simulate flag is set. When you run the strategy it starts placing orders on the live account and ignores the Global Simulate flag that you're relying on.

We are testing with both Sim101 and a live account as Interactive Broker's Simulation account is very unreliable and we need to ensure NT/IB processes are functioning correctly.

This bug has resulted in previously unexplained losses to the test account.

Regards,

Paul

This is a big problem.

Comment

Paul, thanks for reporting in, unfortunately I was not able to reproduce this here on my end - I started the SampleMACrossOver strategy on the IB Paper / Live account and saved the workspace setup.

Upon restart NT7 reenabled 'Global Simulation Mode' and after I reconnected to IB I was unable to 'enable' the strategy saved as it had the paper account selected as account to execute to.

Were you working with the connect on startup feature for your IB connection in this scenario?

Thanks
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No I manually connected as the auto-connect does not work with IB's new Card security as the time-out is too short and NT7 cancels the connect attempt and restarts connection sequence before the connection is completed.

This error has also been reported to me by one other person in our test group. I have not spent the time to try to reproduce it however, I can confirm the live funded account was in the drop down list as the selected account while it was in simulation mode. I immediately sent off an alert to our test group and raised this thread.

Regards,

Paul
        Last edited by pbcah; 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your detailed reply, we'll for sure keep an eye out for this issue - if you can think of any details that would help reproducing for us, please share them in this thread.

Thanks in advance.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Sam2515
          by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM