Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moving S/R levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving S/R levels

Maybe I can't find it but I am wanting my S/R zones to move with current price action. I am having to move them through out the day. New at this.

Thanks

beatnik, welcome to the forums! Do you have a screenshot or sample to demonstrate what you're currently doing? Are you calculating levels by referencing for example the previous days High, Low, Close...then those would be static of course, try the CurrentDayOHL as reference to adjust as new highs and lows are made throughout the session - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...entDayOHL.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I will look at the hi/low.

To be more specific the S/R levels are zones that I come up with and draw them on my chart with the rectangle tool. The rectangles S1, S2, R1 etc. are a point wide.

Comment

For NinjaTrader 6.5 this would be possible if automate the calculation / drawing process of those rectanges using NinjaScript, then you move / update them with price.

NinjaTrader 7 will add the ability to access manually drawn objects within NinjaScript, so a script could 'pick up' your hand drawn objects -

Draw Objects Enhancements
        Draw objects are now associated to an indicator which means that if a user removes a draw object from the chart, it will also remove the indicator. In addition, all draw objects spawned from an indicator share the indicator's z-order.

IDrawObject - IDrawObjects are now returned to the caller on all Draw() methods. IDrawObjects expose draw objects properties.

Work in progress - We will implement programmatic access to draw objects added to a chart manually. For example, you can have a user draw a line on a chart and add a "tag" to this object and you can retrieve this object, read it's value and do something with it.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post sightcareclickhere  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        9 responses