Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating a Bar Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Bar Counter

Hi,

Although I have been using NinjaTrader for a while, I am new to this forum and know nothing about creating indicators and such. I hope someone will guide me in the right direction.

I would like to create a feature that would enable me to count the number of bars on a chart from a certain point onward. Specifically, if I were to hold the cursor over a certain bar, let's call it Bar 0, and click the left mouse button, then as I move the cursor to the right, it would give me a numeric count. So if I moved the cursor, say, 15 bars to the right of Bar 0, the count would be 15. And if I were to move the cursor 10 bars to the left of Bar 0, the value would be -10. The reference point would be reset by a left click of the mouse elsewhere on the chart. That new reference point would then become the new Bar 0.

I would also like the feature to allow for immediate arithmetic calculation, so that the bar count can be modified by adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing by a variable of my choosing. For example, if the bar count is 10 and I want the number to automatically be multiplied by 3, then the value displayed would be 30.

Finally, I'd like the Bar Counter to be displayed similarly to the Bar Timer indicator, however, rather than at the bottom right of the chart, perhaps at the top right.

Years ago, I subscribed to eSignal. That charting software had a bar counter which it displayed in the data box. I found it useful, and would like to see it in NinjaTrader.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

Regards,

One11

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
2 responses
1 like
Last Post BarzTrading  
Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
3 responses
0 likes