Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Account performance tab: scroll bar bug(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account performance tab: scroll bar bug(?)

The scroll bar seems to be broken/misfit in the account performance window:
    If the scroll bar appears because there are more lines than can be fit, the bottom arrow of the scroll bar is behind the parentwindow's (Control Center) bottom (connection indication) part, and is not visible.
    The last line of the list is invisible too in this case.

Zapzap, thanks for reporting in, in which subsection of the account performance window do you see this happen? Would you mind posting a screenshot of the exact visual behavior you see? I quickly tried for example with my summary section from today and could read all info well with differently sized main windows.

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I tried to reproduce this for a capture, but after restarting the platform, it worked well.

It worked well until today's session open, then the bug came up again. After restarting the platform, all is ok again.

It seems the bug comes up when the lists (orders, executions, any tab of account performance) get populated by the platform instance opened right before session open. That is: I open up my platform just before session open. The lists are empty, as there hasn't been any trades for the day. The market/session opens, I have some new trades, I generate a performance report, and the last lines are invisible again, with the end of the scrollbar hidden...

It is annoying, because I need the info right after session open, not after restarting the platform after session open.

Here is a screenshot, the 10th trade is completely hidden, although the scrollbar is down:

I am keeping an eye out for this issue, until I can reproduce it a bit better, since it is only a guess so far, not a proper bug report.
      Last edited by Zapzap; 05-04-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Zapzap, please keep me posted on what you discover along the way, which session open are you referring to exactly? Are you based in the US and talk about the regular EST cash open?

Please also check into your DPI settings for Windows and ensure to be using the default 96 DPI option...I believe you use this already, but please doublecheck.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          which session open are you referring to exactly? Are you based in the US and talk about the regular EST cash open?
          I am EU based, but I trade US only: I referred to the regular EST cash open, yes. It is the same for both the Sim, and Live account, and independent of the charts/Session templates I use.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Please also check into your DPI settings for Windows and ensure to be using the default 96 DPI option.
          Yes, I have the default. But the problem is solved by platform restart, so it should be NT related.
          Last edited by Zapzap; 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for checking Zapzap, I would recommend testing two approaches -

1. A freshly installed .NET framework 3.5 including service packs

2. A complete fresh workspace file, for this just move all XML files out of the workspaces folder to backup and then restart NT7 fresh.

Also: is this on latest NT7 beta 15?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, it is beta 15 and 3-4 weeks old Win7, which should contain latest .net.

The problem is the same today: working okay before market open, and the trades made after 9:30 EST, make the scrollbar misbehave.

I should try a clear workspace tomorrow, shouldn't I?

Comment

Zapzap, thanks - then please try a complete fresh workspace for tomorrow and see if you can reproduce it then. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                9 responses