Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Brokerages w/ least slippage on market orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokerages w/ least slippage on market orders?

Hello, can anyone please tell me which brokerages firm(s) give excellent execution/minimal slippage on market orders for stocks? (I'm new to the forums and apologize if this is a repeat, but searching on slippage and brokerages yielded only modest results.)

My colleague and I use NT connected to Interactive Brokers for our trade execution. Sometimes our slippage is zero and sometimes awful ($0.07 or more on a ~$15 stock with a minimum of 500K shares trading daily). I can believe that some instances are thin markets at the moment the trade is submitted, but this seems to happen daily (we do ~6 trades/day).

We expect that we can reduce this by trading in event lots of 100 shares, but that will probably only take us so far.

What brokerage firms are better? And related, has anyone found other ways to minimize slippage?

Thanks in advance,
    Dean

if you're hitting the market with 5k orders at once you will see some slippage... its more the market condition than the broker.... fwiw advantage is pretty decent

Originally posted by Dean Elphin Smith View Post
    Hello, can anyone please tell me which brokerages firm(s) give excellent execution/minimal slippage on market orders for stocks? (I'm new to the forums and apologize if this is a repeat, but searching on slippage and brokerages yielded only modest results.)

My colleague and I use NT connected to Interactive Brokers for our trade execution. Sometimes our slippage is zero and sometimes awful ($0.07 or more on a ~$15 stock with a minimum of 500K shares trading daily). I can believe that some instances are thin markets at the moment the trade is submitted, but this seems to happen daily (we do ~6 trades/day).

We expect that we can reduce this by trading in event lots of 100 shares, but that will probably only take us so far.

What brokerage firms are better? And related, has anyone found other ways to minimize slippage?

Thanks in advance,
    Dean

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
    Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
    0 responses