windows 7 install issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows 7 install issue

i have windows 7 and ninja is being installed in crogram files (x86). I want it installed in crogram files. When i installed the program i changed the destination folder to reflect the program files directory that i wanted to install it in...however, it installed in the x86 directory. how can i fix that..

Hello,

I suggest reinstalling NT so that it goes in the default folder:

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
    4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
    5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
    6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    7. Reboot your machine.
    8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm
    Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall. Using NT in any other folder is not supported.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed your instrucatioins then i downloaded from the file you supplied.
      When it came time to change director i did. to :
      C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\

program still loaded here:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\"

still dont know why... i am going to try it again..but should be the same results

Comment

NT7 comes as a "32bit installer" and thus would install itself in "program files (x86)" (on a 64bit windows system) according the windows directives (Note: although it is a 32bit installer it would install a 32bit and a 64bit version of NT7 on your desktop).

It makes no sense to force NT7 to install in "program files" on a 64bit Windows systems which is reserved for 64bit installers only.

Comment

i am not trying to install nt7 i want to install nt6.5 in the program files directory.

I have some older indicators that are pw protected that i am trying to load back into NINJA after i bought a new machine. These were designed to be loaded into the program files directory. Therefore when i am trying to load them i get the following error.

NINJA trader version 6 or greater is required.

very confused at this point sorry
          Last edited by qkracer; 06-28-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Almost the same argument applies for NT6.5: NT6.5 is a 32bit installer and you should not try to install in a directory which is reserved for 64bit apps on Windows 64bit.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post z.franck  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rtwave