Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator plotting expressions / spreads / pairs / baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consistent profits

Is there anyone here who has designed a signal that will be consistent during volatile,flat and trending days.....i have been playing around with some strategies but was hoping for some help to fast track my learning....I've been trading for a few year but only discretionary trading with some success but was looking for an automated system to add for a secondary option..
    thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by williammanda View Post
      Would you expand on the new changes?
      How about to have a look at the 'Version history' at the bottom of my initial post? I also updated 'readme.txt' file included in the 'zip' installation file.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Thanks for your latest release!

Comment

best indicator ever.

Comment

I had v. 0.1.3 on one PC and NT7 asked me to look at the NT Forum for the latest release; so I've installed the 0.1.4. Never saw such a feature previously.

Is it normal to receive an advice to update to the latest relase?

Comment

Hi and thanks for your indicator - I've been looking for something like this to avoid having to develop it myself.

I just installed version 1.4, but it doesn't appear to recognize the NinjaTrader indicators... EMA, SMA, ATR all seem to result in "Expression is not in correct format. Syntax error. Unrecognized string 'EMA'"... etc.

I tried just using some of your examples in your read me such as:

EMA('GLD',20)-EMA('GLD',10)

Also if I were just to use something like "EMA(20)", would that default to using the underlying dataseries in the indicator (ie: the input data that the indicator is attached to?)

Anyway, thanks for the tremendous work!
                Jeremytang
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Comment

Hello Jeremytang,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues. It sounds really strange though as you're the only one to have reported any.

1) I just retested the EMA('GLD',20)-EMA('GLD',10) expression and it works fine for me. Please add the indicator onto a chart, bring up the NT indicator properties window, highlight my indicator and click onto the 'Functions' link (underlined and in blue), sift through the entire list and let me know if SMA, EMA, RSI, etc. are included.

2)
                  Also if I were just to use something like "EMA(20)", would that default to
                  No, it wouldn't default to anything. You must always specify instruments explicitly. I must admit I was playing with the idea of allowing some optional/default parameters but I eventually dropped it as it would generally cause confusion and made syntax rules messier.
                  Last edited by UltimateIndicator; 05-03-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Invert Chart Help

Hey UltimateIndicator,

Thank you for a great indicator. I was wondering if you could assist me in Inverting a chart.
                    I type in 1/('EURCHFpen') to get the inverse of the open, but how do i add High Low and Close in the parameter section. I understand I then have to choose OHLC on the Plot type.

Cheers

Nik

Comment

Hello Nik,

I type in 1/('EURCHF:Open') to get the inverse of the open, but how do i add High Low and Close in the parameter section.
                      That's simple. All you have to do is to put in 1/'EURCHF'. Remember, if you do not use instrument qualifiers (the bit behind colon) calculations are automatically done on Open, High, Low and Close. Also, be reminded that 'bar plot types' (i.e. Candlestick, HiLo, OHLC, Box) are available only for the first expression the remaining three expressions can be plotted only as lines.

EDIT: I think NT requires to prefix all currency pairs with dollar sign, so the expression you need to use is 1/'$EURCHF'.
                      Last edited by UltimateIndicator; 05-04-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

How to plot DOLLAR VOLUME

How do I write the code to plot DOLLAR VOLUME for 'NQ 06-11' on a 5 minute chart? I tried the following but they did not work:

('NQ 06-11:V@5M')*('NQ 06-11:BidAskMid$')
                        or
                        ('NQ 06-11:Volume')*('NQ 06-11:BidAskMid$')

Can you please write the correct code? Thanks.
                        Last edited by rick_y; 05-07-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hello rick_y,

there was an issues with the indicator which caused instrument qualifiers Bid, Ask, BidAskMid to not work properly. I've just fixed it and you can download the latest version off my initial post.

How do I write the code to plot DOLLAR VOLUME for 'NQ 06-11' on a 5 minute chart?
                          The easiest is to pull up a chart of instrument in question, set time frame to 5min and execute following expression: 'NQ 06-11:Volume'*'NQ 06-11:$'

Comment

Jeremytang,

I just installed version 1.4, but it doesn't appear to recognize the NinjaTrader indicators... EMA, SMA, ATR all seem to result in "Expression is not in correct format. Syntax error. Unrecognized string 'EMA'"... etc.
                            I must admit you were right. I finally managed to duplicate and fixed the issue. You can download the latest version off my initial post.

Comment

Guys, I just found and fixed another bug. Those of you who installed version 0.1.5 yesterday, please get the latest version 0.1.6 off my initial post.

Sorry,
                              -UltimateIndicator-

Comment

Such a great work!
                                Exactly what I was looking for!

However, I think its not possible to use your indicator to be computed for different instruments on the Market Analyzer. For instance, I want to, on a single Market Analyzer, compute the spread ratio for 10 different long/short pairs... The indicator always plots the first (and ONLY the first) spread ratio computed...

It would be amazing to see the indicator working for a larger number of long/short pairs...

Anyway, your indicator is just great!
                                Congratulations!
                                Last edited by RoD LM; 06-07-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ScottWalsh