Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious bug? Strategy Analyzer changes results, can reproduce

Guys,

I believe I may have found a pretty serious bug. It is easy to reproduce.

The bug is strategy analyzer will run a backtest, and show results of "xxx". Then, you run a different strategy in backtest mode. Later, come back and run the first strategy again -- the results are now different.

Steps I am taking:
    1) Load NT 6.5.1000.7.
    2) Connect to data feed (IQfeed).
    3) Open Strategy Analyzer.
    4) Run NT built-in strategy "SampleMACrossOver".
    5) Run NT built-in strategy "SampleAtmStrategy".
    6) Re-run NT built-in strategy "SampleMACrossOver". The results have now changed from the first run in step 4.

Between steps 4,5,6 I changed nothing on the dialog box. All dates, params, etc were identical.

This can be reproduced using other strategies as well. It happens when I use any two strategies. The results are different the second time they are run.

I should mention that after the results change on the second run, from there forward they seem to no longer change, until you exit NT and reload NT.

I have already repaired my DB. I have reloaded historical data. I have duplicated this using IQfeed servers and IB servers.

I am looking for confirmation on whether or not this can be duplicated, and how to address it.

Mike

Here is a link for a video capture I made demonstrating this.

I used one of my strategies and one built-in strategy for this video, but you can also use two built-in strategies and still reproduce it. I used a date range starting with November 1 to make things faster.

You can see it is quite a dramatic difference in backtest results on the exact same strategy in the exact same session just seconds apart from each other.

http://www.mgbi.net/ninja/capture-3.mp4 - 11 meg video, 1m 14sec (right click, save as).

Mike

Comment

Ok, a few more hours and I found out this is related to a previous bug I reported where the variable values from one strategy bleed into another one.

Can we get a bug fix patch for this please?

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Your video is showing it with your own custom strategies not the sample ones. On the sample ones here we cannot reproduce your behavior. I suspect it has something to do with the way you have your custom strategies coded.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Thanks for your response. Even though at the time I wrote the post I could reproduce the issue with the built-in strategy, and I had exited and re-loaded Ninja about ten times doing so, for some reason I can't produce it anymore.

The video does show the other bug from a previous post that you guys are now aware of. At the time of the video I didn't notice Ninja changing the values on me in the dialog box or I wouldn't have wasted time.

If I am able to capture the results of the built-in strategy showing odd results, I will re-open this thread otherwise we can move on for now.

Thanks and Happy Turkey Day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elderan
          by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses