Ehlers Sine Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb888trader View Post
    I wouldn't suggest that the emini-watch version is behaving better since both implementations are a pure copy paste from the original editor (John Ehlers) which uses rather simple mathematics.
    The eminiwatch code is protected so I do not know how you could know this. I've compared the sine wave indicators for Ninja with the eminiwatch version on TS and there is no comparison. The ninja versions have sharp hooks just like in your example. If you want to compare for yourself you can do it with an ES 1500 tick chart and compare with his charts on his site.

The sine waves work in a way that similar to two de-trended moving averages. If price is trending they will not cross. So when they cross price has stopped trending. But that doesn't mean it will reverse. It could be a pause in the trend. And that's what often creates the little bounce and then break through the support/resistance level. And often the sine wave will get "ambushed".. say price is moving up to resistance and bounces very sharply off resistance. The sine wave has a lag due to its moving averages and will not detect this. So that's two examples of where the sine wave will not accurately signal the turn.

It's interesting how most people who would not use two moving averages for their trading decisions will use a sine wave. I got tricked by this and wasted a lot of time on it, and that's why I warn others. After that it's up to everyone to decide what works for them.

I've written about this on my blog and why I stopped using it in favor of using market profile and support & resistance levels.

Comment

To Yuvalw,

A fine piece of coding. Thank you very much for posting this. It was very generous of you.

--Mike Gutmann
      Last edited by MikeGutmann; 10-27-2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: Include NT forum member name

Comment

Different sources for SineWave indicator implementations:

NinjaTrader Support Forum - View Single Post - Ehlers Sine Wave

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjatrader/3673-hilbert-sine-wave-indicator.html#post38654

Please see the following screen shot that demonstrates the power of the sine wave indicator that is done right. The support and resistance levels are more refined than what you can find on the NT platform so far. Please note that the ones online for the NT platform, including Barry Taylor's better sine wave indicator, have not achieved this level yet and thus cannot be used to trade successfully/meaningfully. I have typed out a long essay to explain why the ToS version is more superior, but internet explorer …

and a comment:

Please see the following screen shot that demonstrates the power of the sine wave indicator that is done right. The support and resistance levels are more refined than what you can find on the NT platform so far. Please note that the ones online for the NT platform, including Barry Taylor's better sine wave indicator, have not achieved this level yet and thus cannot be used to trade successfully/meaningfully. I have typed out a long essay to explain why the ToS version is more superior, but internet explorer …

Comment

thanks for all the infor

Comment

Time Frames for Intraday & Swing

This is my first post at forum.Going through Sine Wave.

If I have access only to time based charts and not tick charts, what are the good time frames for Intrday & Swing Trading using Sine Wave indicator?

Comment

anyone have this for NT8 ?

Comment

Hi -would you happen to have this for NT8?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                80 responses
                5 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post adeelshahzad