Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Files Programming Errors

Hello,

When I try to import an updated version of an existing 3rd party indicator (dValueArea), I got the following error message. Don't have any idea where the programming errors are and how to fix them? Thx very much for your advice.
    Attached Files

Hello pipal

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    3. Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

More information regarding debugging can be found at the link below:
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can't import NinjaScript

Hello,

The same thing happens to me, when I try to import a ninjascript, I get a message;
      "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors, etc.."

So I did what you posted above, when I get to edit NinjaScript files it shows only
      the files that came wth Ninjatrader and none which I have since downloaded.

However when I click on any of these files and try to compile I get a message:

"The following NinjaScript file(s) have errors..."

and

NinjaTrader Core.dll could not be found
      WilsonORMapper.dll could not be found

What do I do?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello donald97,

For the files you named, check the file path: C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin and let me know if you still do not see them.

Thank you,

Comment

I guess that when I originally installed NT, I put it into a directory called 'Mirus' I do find those files C:\Program Files (x86)\Mirus\bin\

Comment

Hello donald97

Ok - I’m glad to hear the matter is resolved.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Have a good one!

Comment

Hello Chip, thanks so much! I renamed the directory and it is working now!

Comment

Excellent!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Can't import Indicator

Hello:

Just updated my NT 6.5 to 7, and trying to install an Indicator I have a similar problem.

When trying to import a ninjascript (NT7 Indicator), I get the following message: "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."

Next, getting to edit the NinjaScript files it shows only the files (Indicators) that came with Ninjatrader since I can't install any newer.

Then, when compiling any of those files I get a the following message:

"The following NinjaScript file(s) have programming errors and must be resolved before compiling:"

In all cases the NinjaScript File is: NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs
                  There are several errors:
                  - The type or namespace name 'JurikDMX' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
                  - The type or namespace name 'JurikJMA' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
                  - The type or namespace name 'Woodies CCI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
                  - Ninja Trader.Indicator.Indicator.JurikDMX(int) is a 'method' but is used like a 'type'
                  - Ninja Trader.Indicator.Indicator.JurikJMA(double. double) is a 'method' but is used like a 'type'
                  - And so on...
                  Codes: CS0246 and CS0118

I don't know why this happend, a collegue of mine just updated its NT to 7 and had no problem installing new indicators.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Please take the following steps:
                    • From the Control Center, click Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicators.
                    • In the edit indicators menu, double click on any indicator to load it's code.
                    • In the code window, click F5 to compile.
                    • Next, right click in the code window and select References.
                    • In the references window, if a reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll exists, select it and then press delete.
                    • Next, press the add button. This will open a browse window where you will select the file to reference. You will need to add the file mentioned in the error message NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll
                    After adding the reference, please re-compile the script.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher, that worked perfectly!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view