Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"The namespace Ninjatrader.Indicator already contains a definition for '<indicator>'"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The namespace Ninjatrader.Indicator already contains a definition for '<indicator>'"

So, I went to recompile a strategy I've been working on and all of the sudden got the following error (see screenshot below). Basically the strategy name is crossed out in red, and the built in NT indicator file beginning with @ in green. At the moment, I can't compile or export my strategy.

Anyone know what's up, or advice short of cutting and pasting my code into a blank strategy file?

Last edited by eeisen; 09-02-2007, 11:49 AM.

You are probably defining a method twice in either using the same indicator/strategy name as an already existing indicator/strategy. Please check your declarations for two instances and remove one of them.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      You are probably defining a method twice in either using the same indicator/strategy name as an already existing indicator/strategy. Please check your declarations for two instances and remove one of them.
      Where would I be doing this? As I haven't touched that part of the code in the .cs file. I basically just exited out of the wizard as soon as I the blank strategy template was generated, then changed something in the OnBarUpdate() method, and then these errors jumped out.

As far as the second error that references the name of the strategy class, I have been saving over it and compiling with each revision and not had a problem thus far. Forgive my ignorance of where this code is that got modified somehow.

Comment

According to the compilation error, it looks like the strategy class name is the same as an indicator. I would suggest changing the name of the class on line 22 of your strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes