Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what I thought it should be, basically the same as a typical Range Bar.

However, this is not what I'm seeing with these Renko bars. I notice that depending on the number of days data I have loaded, the chart will change a little bit. I think it has to be initialized differently than the current way its done.

Can you confirm please?

Thanks again Roonius
    mrlogik
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

I believe that when Renko charts begins at different times, bar formations are not the same.

One chart may be starting its first bar halfway through the bar of second chart.

It would be by chance if you could get any 2 charts with different start times to match price to price, bar to bar.

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mrlogik View Post
        Thats what I thought it should be, basically the same as a typical Range Bar.

However, this is not what I'm seeing with these Renko bars. I notice that depending on the number of days data I have loaded, the chart will change a little bit. I think it has to be initialized differently than the current way its done.

Can you confirm please?

Thanks again Roonius
        The way is calculated now, it's taking very first tick on the chart and then performing calculations based on that first tick, if you scroll all the way back to the first bar on your chart, you will see, that first bar is actualy one tick. Feel free to make sugestions.

roonius

Comment

A general question about Renko Bars.

At the time a bar closes, is the close price of the Renko bar suppose to be where the actual price is?

I know that seconds after the close it may be different, but at the exact time the bar closes shouldn't the actual price be very close to it?

The reason I ask is because the price doesn't seem to match up with the close of the Renkos.

Thanks for the help.
          Hey Roonius,

Thanks for the replies.

In terms of the first bar, I think the way you have it is the best way.

In response to my quote above, I created an indicator that will plot the current bid (GetCurrentBid()); this lines up perfectly with the close of the bar.

During real time, I'm not sure if this is 100% true. I will look further into this to see if there is some disconnect between the close of the bar and the actual price.

Based on your experience with creating bar types, is there some behavior difference between historical and real-time bar creation?

Thanks again
          mrlogik

Comment

Renko Bars are behaving as I expect on my side in real time.

Comment

Is there a way to view the code for this in the ninjascript editor or do you have to open it with Visual C#?

Comment

This is to the extent of what we can support. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ualStudio.html
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by darthtrader View Post
                  Is there a way to view the code for this in the ninjascript editor or do you have to open it with Visual C#?
                  Check out This thread.

RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Hey Roonius,

I've been playing with your Renkos for both historical and real time calculations. For charting, things are great.

However, I'm having a problem creating a strategy. I broke it down to the following.

When a Renko bar is complete, the current bar, its hasn't yet "Closed" in terms of the way NT looks at the "close of the bar" for end of bar calculations. Even though the bar has completed, the price continues to move up / down within the current completed renko bar, until you make a new one. When a new one is made then the previous one is deemed "Closed."

I'm sure there is no way around this using end of bar calculating, but I just wanted to bring it out into the open to anyone who is having the same sort of trouble.

This should only be a problem for real-time calculating, not historical.

Thoughts?
                    mrlogik

Comment

Hey Roonius,

I've been playing with your Renkos for both historical and real time calculations. For charting, things are great.

However, I'm having a problem creating a strategy. I broke it down to the following.

When a Renko bar is complete, the current bar, its hasn't yet "Closed" in terms of the way NT looks at the "close of the bar" for end of bar calculations. Even though the bar has completed, the price continues to move up / down within the current completed renko bar, until you make a new one. When a new one is made then the previous one is deemed "Closed."

I'm sure there is no way around this using end of bar calculating, but I just wanted to bring it out into the open to anyone who is having the same sort of trouble.

This should only be a problem for real-time calculating, not historical.

Thoughts?
                      It seems visually completed, but actually it is not, since it updates volume for that bar until new bar opens.

Comment

Something like this? but with cleaner turns

Comment

Originally posted by Newshues View Post
                          Something like this? but with cleaner turns
                          I beg your pardon?

Comment

Hey NewShues,

Those are indecision bars? Would you mind posting the code?
                            mrlogik

Comment

I wouldn't call this "finished" code. Just a whack at the problem. Needs logic to lop off the tail at the turns properly and it probably could use some cleaning.

I just haven't had a chance to get to either.

It's interesting as it is now though and perhaps useful for some automation strats
                              Attached Files

Comment

hi newshues,

thank you for posting the code.

In which folder i have to put the file?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes