Thank You Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Ninjatrader

I would just like to say THANK YOU to Ninjatrader developers and management for not being like other companies (cough cough Tradestation).

Thank you for not rushing into developing every bell and whistle out there and making sure your releases are at least somewhat stable before releasing them.

Thank you for realizing you can't do everything and support everything. That is, thanks for not trying to be a data provider, and thanks for not trying to support basic C#, which anyone can learn from Microsoft. I am not a programmer through traditional schooling, and I was able to learn Easy Language and C# on my own by reading books. I'm still learning a hell of a lot about C#, but I read enough to write a few strategies and indicators in Ninjatrader.

By the way, how do you guys find time to program and debug NT while also supporting users on these forums? You guys must be busy. I know Ray and Dierk and others who are high up in the company are active here in the forums, and I appreciate the fact that you guys do listen to your users, even if they moan a lot about how you don't have every bell and whistle, all the while programming and developing NT into a better product when you're not responding to forum posts.

Recently Tradestation has released a bunch of buggy versions, quickly and all in a row, and I would like to applaud you for being the complete opposite of them. Stability, as you know, is paramount when it comes to trading software, and I hope you continue to focus on that above all else.

Another recent thread criticized your user interface. I don't think it is necessarily counter-intuitive. Just takes a little getting used to.

I am completely satisfied with your product, except for the 1 feature I'm waiting for in NT7, which Ray has already told me is coming, which is the ability to save charts with strategies/accounts applied to them across sessions. This one feature will give me the choice to unchain myself from using Tradestation's SMTP system to send signals to NT. I know at least 5 other traders who have this exact same problem, and with this feature implemented, they would consider NT a replacement for Tradestation. I will probably still use TS for some backtesting and optimization as I'm used to some of the tools I use there, but for real-time trading, NT is where it is at.

Also, I think the forum 20 second limitation everyone is complaining about is kind of overblown. Just use quotes like someone else said, or use Google with the site:www.ninjatrader-support2.com argument!

I hope NT will continue to be the strong product that I have come to love. I understand supporting and debugging all the stuff that is coming in NT7 is probably going to be a PITA but I envision it being a very awesome release once everything is sorted out.

I look forward to continue using NT as my automated trading solution for years to come. (I have already purchased a lifetime license.)

Last edited by geoMEAN; 05-05-2009, 02:49 AM.

You are very welcome. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your positive feedback, it's highly appreciated and welcomed. There is a lot of positive changes in NT7 across all areas of our product including strategy management between sessions which is the area of your current particular interest.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      You are very welcome. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your positive feedback, it's highly appreciated and welcomed. There is a lot of positive changes in NT7 across all areas of our product including strategy management between sessions which is the area of your current particular interest.
      Hi Ray

Is there a pre-release note of what will be available in NT7
      Thanks

Paul

Comment

Unfortunately this is not available. It will be published when we release the beta version, which is expected the end of this quarter.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses
        1 like
        Last Post BarzTrading  
        Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes