MBT Forex and Market Depth (Level II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBT Forex and Market Depth (Level II)

Hi, I'm using NT 6.5.0.8 with MBT feed in demo mode. When I open the SuperDOM and go to Properties to activate "Show Market Depth" the option "True" appears there but I can't select it.

However if I go the Navigator (Ninja Trader MBT Navigator), it is there. I'd like to know if there is a way to put that data in the DOM.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello AdoFx,

Unfortunately, MBTrading will provide NinjaTrader currently only the market depth for the bid and ask price, that is displayed in the screenshot. I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, that would be nice.

Thanks.

Comment

If the SuperDOM is not available for FX trading except for GAIN, what's the point?

Comment

Really? I'm using 6.5 for MBT Forex in demo mode, I think the idea is that it can be used real, isn't it?

Comment

The SuperDOM has no value from a practical use standpoint in my opinion for FX that supports sub-pips. The reason is, if you have 30 rows on your DOM, thats a total of only 3 pips in price that would be displayed since each row shows a sub-pip value. Showing only a 3 pip spread of prices is unusable. If you have a stop 20 pips away, you would have to do some serious mouse scrolling to see your order.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe I'm not understanding well. I'm using NT 6.5 and the DOM with MBT feed, and it doesn't shows the pipetes, I noticed that before but I don't really care, I'm ok with that; It doesn't matter if I see 1.4600 and when opening or closing a position I get 1.46005.

But, if I go live, are the pipetes going to start showing up? If so, definetly as you say, the DOM would be useless because of the scroling issue, but if it works as is working now in simulated mode for me is ok.

Comment

I believe whatever you are seeing with your current data feed right now will be the same in simulation or in live as long as you stay with the same feed.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I believe there is an option to allow sub pips. Check your options.

Comment

Well, in this case we can have a SuperDOM with 0.5 pips increments and accumulate all subpips there. Its better than no DOM and will help a lot in trading, no?
                    Do you have any plans in adapting the SuperDOM for MBT forex in the future at least?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    The SuperDOM has no value from a practical use standpoint in my opinion for FX that supports sub-pips. The reason is, if you have 30 rows on your DOM, thats a total of only 3 pips in price that would be displayed since each row shows a sub-pip value. Showing only a 3 pip spread of prices is unusable. If you have a stop 20 pips away, you would have to do some serious mouse scrolling to see your order.

Comment

I will add it our list of possible future enhancements.

Comment

Hi!

Just curious if there is any news on the topic?

Thanks!

Comment

The current version supports MBT 1/10 pip quotes using the SuperDOM. Please see here.

Comment

Thanks! I used subpips on the charts already but didn't know about the DOM.
                            Unfortunately I am afraid I will have to wait until new version of NTcomes out that supports new Navigator , before I can test it.
                            Thanks anyway!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                            The current version supports MBT 1/10 pip quotes using the SuperDOM. Please see here.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_MB.htm

Comment

sub pips and volume in FX

OK, just read the posts and wondered about the bid ask volume..
                              - When you say this do you mean its just the volume thats traded, that hit the bid and lifted the offer?
                              - I thought MBT had depth, its in the FX Pro and in MBT market Depth. This should be in the DOM right?
                              - Also I was told a while ago that the REAL volume can't be recorded in the charts or the FIN ALG footprint chart as fx trading wasnt set up for the dom. Now that it is, will we see the TRADED volume in fx be recorded correctly? Will that be possible?

I don't see why, when MBT has full depth, that i wouldn't be possible. Even if its just the traded volume and not the trades waiting to be executed.

I dont see why the DOM is useless, I like it a lot. We just set to half pips, we dont need to worry bout the tenths so FX and the DOM are great!

I've only used it on demo and was wondering if there are plans to match the position in MBT windows... IE.. when I place a trade the trade is only in the DOM not in the positions window of MBT.

I'd love to have real volume instead of tick volume in FX......

Cheers
                              Russell

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                              14 responses