Bar timer NT 8.0.0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar timer NT 8.0.0.8

I use the bar timer indicator and have permanently following error message.

"Bar timer disabled since the currrent time is outside session time or chart end date!"

Many days to go when the indicator was working

Hello nobchi,

Am I correct no realtime data is received in the chart?

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Check if 'End date' is set to today's date.

Could it be the Trading hours template is excluding the current time? Please select the 'Default 24 X 7' Trading hours template in the Data Series menu and check if the error message persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Ok, the Trading Template was the porblem!
      I had the Eurex template selected for the FDAX, now the 24 x7!!!

Thanks

Comment

The Eurex Trading hours templates do not exclude the current time. Did you perhaps change the Eurex Trading hours template? Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Trading Hours. Select the Eurex templates and check if they exclude the current time.

Could it be your PC clock is not set to the correct date/time?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A quick note to say I've been meaning to have a look at Bartimer, as I have this problem (error message) on my 30 minute RTH ES chart, even during RTH hours when the chart is updating normally.

Comment

Hello nobchi, thank you for your post! I would like to clarify a few items here so that I may attempt to replicate this on my end.

You're using a ES 03-16 chart. Correct? If so, I would like to know what interval you have selected.

What is the Trading Hours template you have selected? Do you see the same when you have the Default 24/7?

Which data provider are you connected to?
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
              Hello nobchi, thank you for your post! I would like to clarify a few items here so that I may attempt to replicate this on my end.

You're using a ES 03-16 chart. Correct? If so, I would like to know what interval you have selected.

What is the Trading Hours template you have selected? Do you see the same when you have the Default 24/7?

Which data provider are you connected to?
              I think you're referring to me rather than nobchi.

Yes, ES 03-16,

I've used various intervals but the charts with the timer on generally are 5 and 30 minutes.

Using the NT CME RTH hours template the bartimer doesn't' work, using the Default 24/7 it does.

Data is from AMP/CQG.

Comment

nobchi, my apologies on the mix up with usernames and thank you for postin!

I don't see the NT CME RTH in the Trading Hours windows as a default template. I had tested this by creating a new template with sessions that where very limited. When I had applied the template to a chart, I received the same error: "Bar timer disabled since the current time is outside session time or chart end date."

This generally indicates that the Trading Hours template that you have applied has sessions that are inside the normal trading hours of the current instrument you have. If this is the case, then it would be expected that the bartimer displays this message even if the instrument is still trading.

If you have sessions defined in a template that should show the current session, I would like to test this on my end.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the NT CME RTH trading hours template that you have? You will find this this by navigating to the Control Center -> Tools -> Trading Hours -> Selecting the above template will show you the defined hours.
                Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You still seem to have the usernames mixed up

Here's a pic of the template. Using the attached template, and as I said in my first post, I got the error during RTH hours as defined in the template, and when the chart is updating normally - not when the chart the instrument is 'still trading.'.

However, I reinstalled NT and rebuilt my workspace a couple of days ago (it still seems to suffer from unrecoverable workspace corruption issues), and I haven't tried this indicator since. I'll see if it works properly during today's RTH session.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Same problem

I have the same problem. Looking at the FDAX, for example, the bar timer works for the 24/7 template but not for "Euronext CET Index Futurer RTH" or for "Eurex Equity Index Futures".

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your report on this. I'm able to reproduce the issue on my machine, although Riley is not able to reproduce on his end. I'm going to play around a bit to try to isolate the cause, and then report it to our development team for further investigation. I will reply here with a tracking ID for the report soon.
                      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've pushed a fix to this issue this morning, and I can advise a temporary fix for anyone running into this issue before the next Beta release is available.

On line 41 of @BarTimer, you can change Core.Globals.MinDate to Core.Globals.Now to resolve the issue. You will need to make the change in Visual Studio with NinjaTrader not open, then when you launch NinjaTrader, the change should be in effect.

Comment

I don't think that's the problem. The "now" variable isn't updated unless DisplayTime() returns true, and that doesn't happen unless "now" is already in the correct range.

Comment

Can you give me some more details on exactly what issues you are running into after the fix, in terms of what you are actually seeing on the chart? This change resolved the issue on my end, so I'll need more info in order to determine what may be going wrong when you try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                            6 responses
                            2 likes
                            Last Post ultls
                            by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                            0 responses