Connection speed question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection speed question.

I currently have my internet connection through Comcast Cable. It is very fast when things are going well, but I have occaisionally been subjected to Comcast's "load balancing to ensure that all their customers get satisfactory performance" which means that I have occcaisionally been subjected to slowdowns and worse. I have been investigating DSL in our area, but because of the phone system in our area the best that I can get in DSL is 256 Kbps which I think is about the slowest DSL that you can get. Anyway, my question is:

Is a 256 Kbps DSL connection fast enough to run NT and get full performance from it. Are their any possible negative consequences to running NT at 256 Kbps? Thanks.

Provided NT is the only thing running on your network I would think a 256kbps connection should be enough. If you start adding load onto the system like streaming videos it might be a different story. Your question would also be dependent on how many instruments you are streaming at the same time and your particular data feed. I suggest you contact your data provider to see if they can quote you on how much bandwidth it takes to stream particular instruments.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post quantismo  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes