Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TickCounter comes with sound alert?

Hi,

Can you guys add alert sound to TickCounter, because its much better with alert sound than keep looking at the charts when will the bar close.

Thank you

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

However, you should be able to create a custom indicator with such functionality. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I'm not a coder, but i can try.

// Generates an alert
      Alert("myAlert", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Reached threshold", "Alert1.wav", 10, Color.Black, Color.Yellow);

I assume i just need to add these code to the current indicator, but how to add the parameter new field so that, when it reaches certain number of ticks, play the alert file, or when a new bar appears play the alert file.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

However, you should be able to create a custom indicator with such functionality. More information can be found at the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html

Comment

To do those conditional alerts would require you to use an if-statement.

Code:
        if (FirstTickOfBar)
              Alert("myAlert", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Reached threshold", "Alert1.wav", 10, Color.Black, Color.Yellow);
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

All i need is just copy and paste this code anywhere within TickCounter indicator?

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          To do those conditional alerts would require you to use an if-statement.

Code:
          if (FirstTickOfBar)

Comment

Probably inside the OnBarUpdate(). I have not looked intimately at the TickCounter indicator to comment more.

Please be aware that this is only one condition and that is the one of if it is the beginning of a new bar.

Comment

Thats good enough for even it alerts me on new bar open. Let me try to edit or re-create the TickCounter. If i have anything else i'll post it over here.

I've tried to edit the file, but it wont allow me to save because of my other custom indicators got errors. So i created new, but its not showing up at my indicator window even i restart the NT6.5.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Probably inside the OnBarUpdate(). I have not looked intimately at the TickCounter indicator to comment more.

Please be aware that this is only one condition and that is the one of if it is the beginning of a new bar.
              Last edited by Greenmoney21; 07-05-2008, 02:31 AM.

Comment

You will need to compile your indicator. Press F5 to compile. Compiling will only be successful if you have no programming errors in any of your files. Also, you cannot save over pre-installed indicators. You will need to Save As and choose a new file name for them.

Comment

Hi,

I did compile it, but it shows errors on my other indicators..

I even save it as new file name, but its not showing up at the indicator window, but the new file is at mydocuments>ninja6.5>bin>indicators.

How do i call it to be at indicator window?

Thanks

You will need to compile your indicator. Press F5 to compile. Compiling will only be successful if you have no programming errors in any of your files. Also, you cannot save over pre-installed indicators. You will need to Save As and choose a new file name for them.

Comment

Before creating and compiling your new indicator, you will need to make sure all other indicators in NinjaTrader do not have errors.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from in your other indicators after compiling an indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
                    2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
                    3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
                    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
                    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                    6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to reply late, been busy..

It works, now the tickcounter indicator has alert sound built-in with your codes. Now we can trade smarter!!

Thanks for your great support!!!

Thank you

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Before creating and compiling your new indicator, you will need to make sure all other indicators in NinjaTrader do not have errors.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from in your other indicators after compiling an indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
                      2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
                      3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
                      4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
                      5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                      6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Comment

Hi,

I'm pretty happy with the alert sound.

But, now im trying to add this feature at "Parameter" (Indicator window), eg.

alert with sound = true/false
                        which sound = "locations of the file (sound)"

This would complete TickCounter indicator for me

But i cant seem to get it right, can anyone help me out here..

Comment

Hi MoneyMate8,

You will need to custom code your own TickCounter indicator and use the PlaySound() method. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                          2 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post BarzTrading  
                          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes