Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walk forward cluster analysis and NT8

Hi,
    I am becoming a huge fan of walk forward analysis. Unfortunately NT WFA capabilities are very limited. Your main competitor is miles ahead and has already a very interesting cluster analysis matrix available with they walk forward optimiser. I really like NT and would like to stick with you but I need to know if NT8 will have new WF features, similar to your competitor cluster analysis implemented. One more thing; I've been reading about NT8 for a couple of years now. When can we expect the new release?

thanks

Thanks for the post and sharing your thoughts with us balucang, for NT8 we would unfortunately not have an ETA to offer. Also we could not confirm features for it at this time, though the Strategy Analyzer and WFO are under close review for potential enhancement by our product management and development teams. Once feature specs are ready we will approach and inform our community for sure.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Any updates on new functionality for the Strategy Analyzer?

Cluster Walk Forward Analysis is essential for any modern trading platform. TS has a big competitive advantage over NT8 in this regard.

Comment

Hello NinjaStrat,

Thank you for writing in. I will confer with our product management team and I will update this thread as soon as I have further information.

Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello NinjaStrat,

To my understanding, this is not currently a built-in functionality of NinjaTrader 8. I have submitted a feature request for this on your behalf. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it. I will update this thread if I receive further information.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance anytime.
          Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello,
            are there any updates related to Walk Forward Cluster Analysis and the ticket ID SFT-1287 ? Has this ticket been ignored?

Best regards

Alex

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

There is no update on this feature at this time, but are still tracking intrest in this item.

All feature requests are taken into consideration by the Development Team. They are implemented based on many factors which include user demand and feasibility.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
              Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,
                it is a real pity because I would say that the cluster approach is practically necessary. It always makes a big difference to me.Hope other costumers will be more interested in the future.

Regards

Alex

Comment

Hello everyone! I must admit that the walk forward analysis (and particularly the "cluster" or "matrix" provided by other trading platforms,not the simple one) is nowadays the only way to get reasonable test results...I have to admit that while NT is a great platform it lacks some fundamental pieces,particularly this one of the Cluster W.F.A. is absolutely essential.I see that you have considered the implementation...Can we hope to see it in the near future?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses
                  0 likes