Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom ATM Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom ATM Question

hello, i have been on nt7 for about 5 years and i know the program forwards and backwards. recently, i have the need to create an ATM that does a specific thing and i havent been able. i spent quite a few hours yesterday testing. this is what i need, let me know if this is possible or someone out there can create code for this:

once i enter a trade (20 contracts on NQ) I have the ATM combine the stops, move them all to BE+1 at 4pts in profit. once the first target is hit i need to stop(s) for the remaining contracts go backwards from BE (breakeven) to where the stop/risk was during the initial entry based on my RM strategy. so once again all stops go to be+1 then when half the position is taken off, i need the stop for the remaining 10 contracts to go back to where i placed it originally.

i have been doing it manually for about 1 year now and im not as fast or accurate as the ATM can do it. As we all know the ATM can move to BE+1 in fractions of a second, well I also need it to be able to move the stop to BE -4 points just as quickly so i dont have to pickup the remaining stop then manually drag and drop it back.

so far i havent been able to find anything on the internet for the ATM moving the stop to breakeven then moving it backwards, it seems the ATM can only move stops in favor of risk, not against it. i need it to move against price (increase risk automatically, but in reality im not risking anything because half the postion would have been taken off already)

i will not explain or answer any questions on my strategy or risk management. Please keep all posts/answers/questions related to the ATM of NT7.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POST!

Hello RockRiver,

Thank you for your note.

Is the ATM submitted through clicking on the superdom/Chart Trader or submitted through a strategy?

If done through a strategy you could use the AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget method to change your stops/targets,

However if the ATM was submitted manually, what you'd like to do is unsupported but may be possible in NT&. If you were using NT8 this would be easier, and I could provide a sample on finding working orders submitted outside a strategy which you could then apply your logic to.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Atm

Thanks for the response! I am using the ATM to submit the orders and i have custom targets, stops, and stop strategy. I do not know how to code in any languages and have not coded my own strategy, i just use the ATM parameters ive created. i use hot keys to submit the orders and the ATM places everything where it needs to be. The only thing i would like it to do is move my stop back to its original place when the first target is hit. The first target is always placed based on the initial risk. I.E. if risk is 3.5 pts, first target is 3.5 pts, etc. Since the first target is only used to eliminate all risk, moving the stop backwards past BE does not increase risk, but instead gives the trade idea more room to play out. I have been moving the stop manually for some time now and it would be nice to have the ATM move it since it can do it quicker than i can when the first target is hit and half the position is taken off. Thanks again

Comment

Hello RockRiver,

What you're looking to do could be accomplished with an Addon however would require custom coding.

Would you like a list of third parties that would be interested in developing this for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thank you

Yes thank you Alan. That would be very helpful! I don't mind doing it manually as I'm pretty used to it already, but it would be nice to automate it.

Comment

Hello RockRiver,

I would suggest automation for the same reason pit traders should have learned code.

It may be nice to have a standalone Addon with buttons, which when you click a button it will enable this auto adjust feature on that specific market.

I will have someone follow up with a list of third parties.

Comment

Hello RockRiver,

This is Jared from the NinjaTrader Business Development team responding on behalf of my colleague Alan.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              Jared M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Awesome thanks for all your help, I appreciate it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                2 responses
                1 like
                Last Post BarzTrading  
                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH