Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DM referencing Boll bands and Keltner channels as a precondition for alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM referencing Boll bands and Keltner channels as a precondition for alerts

You helped me write my DM crossover indicator and got my triangles working properly, but I was wondering if requiring at least 1 boll band (upper or lower) to be outside the keltner channels might be a good filter.

Do i have to actually include code for both boll and keltner within my existing DM indicator or is there a simple way to add in the alert condition that if the lower boll is less than the lower keltner and/or the upper is greater, then alert as long as the DM is in the proper alignment etc..

I already do plot boll bands on my chart, but dont want to see keltner channels there too since its just too many lines along with the daily/wkly pivots so i just want the code to test for it without me seeing it.

I dont expect your answer to supply me with the scripting, but want to know if i do need to include script from all of them or can i just use the reference in my alert condition and let ninja find boll and keltner on its own.

If you think its easier, perhaps I could make a combined boll keltner script that colors boll one color if its totally within keltner and a second color if at least one band is outside. Then if my DM alerts I at least have a no brainer to decide the validity based on the boll color.
    Last edited by simpletrades; 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM.

simpletrades, depends on your preference, either way is possible. Code the condition to test for price to be outside the bands into the existing alert indicator or create a 'no brainer' color indicator showing you this visually. I think it would be a useful filter if you adjust the width needed for a break to your market / timeframe, perhaps also a longer term frame in the background is good to see what you're trading into S/R wise...

Ideas around using Bollinger bands from the sharing can be found here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      simpletrades, depends on your preference, either way is possible. Code the condition to test for price to be outside the bands into the existing alert indicator or create a 'no brainer' color indicator showing you this visually. I think it would be a useful filter if you adjust the width needed for a break to your market / timeframe, perhaps also a longer term frame in the background is good to see what you're trading into S/R wise...

Ideas around using Bollinger bands from the sharing can be found here -

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...llinger&desc=1
      thanks, its not price i'm looking for outside, its just that at least one boll not be inside keltner. kind of like a reverse squeeze situation, especially because i use fast charts and the squeeze isnt intended for them.
      in my case a squeeze setup would be a non entry on my 1 min or 344 tick since boll would be parallel even without keltner and that clearly implies too sideways of a market.

Comment

I see, thanks - the squeeze would be found in our sharing I believe, so you can take a look at how it's done and then reverse the setup for your case to arrive at a new condition to include in your signal.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes