Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Value Charts by David Stendhal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shazz,

Fantastic indicator. Thanks much!

One question, though. It is written as a dll and not a NinjaScript, so I am out of my territory.

How can you change the period from within a strategy? I can do it from within a chart, but I do not see the option when I do ValueCharts(Input,UseAltert).

Is there any way to add or invoke this capability?

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not to familiar with accessing those properties from within a strategy. However if you want the source code for the indicator just send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you

Comment

Hi
        I do not understand this ValueCharts indicator it seems to just plot the same pattern over and over and over ... and it even plot this same pattern out into the future???????? Is it some bad joke?

Update: 7/26/2011
        I thought I would post NinjaTrader's response to my inquiry into this indicator...see below

This indicator uses unsupported custom coding techniques to achieve it's visual result and from memory I believe it was originally coded for NT 6.5
        With the advent of NT7 some of the used methods changed (we published a code breaking changes document on those offically) and as such very likely the indicator has not been updated and the resultwould not be the expected one you should see.
        It would be best if you tried contacting the original developer for a potential update to code that's compatible to NT7 - this should fix the issues seen I feel.
        Best,
        Bertrand
        Sincerely,
        Bertrand Wibbing
        NinjaTrader Customer Service
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Blash; 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Hi, Is there an updated link to download ValueCharts on NT?
          Thanks.

Comment

Here you go.
            Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have RValueChart for Ninjatrader 8 please?

Comment

Hello sukhob,

I'm not aware of one existing.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of this in existence.

I am also including a link to a forum post with helpful tips on porting scripts from NT7 to NT8.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Value Charts is a detrended price indicator and in that sense it is an oscillator that tries to show overbought and oversold conditions with detrended price extremes.

There is probably no need to translate the French version you quoted in Java because the original Helweg & Stendahl code is available on their website and reproduced in TS EL (Tradestation Easylanguage) here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/for...html#post29610 EL is Pascal like and easy to read.

Many probably have independently coded Value Charts in NT C#. One example is published here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/for...html#post35203

The problem with the NT Value Charts remained in that NT6.5 and prior versions do not support plotting synthetic bars of OHLC (Open, High, Low, Close) natively. Therefore, to reproduce Value Charts properly in NT requires overriding the native plotting method. However, there is no NT technical support when you try to override the native NT methods. Gumphrie in this forum may have stated that he has coded such a version with properly plotted OHLC synthetic bars.

You can of course just plot the High and the Low and approximate the original Value Charts as was done in the second URL above.

Original Value Charts by Helweg and Stendahl:
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-17-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hello JANE MIR,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly