Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 - chart listing

I'm using Beta 16 still.

I've got 16 charts open and the control center so in the blue area at the bottom of my monitor shows "16 NinjaTrader application" along with whatever other applications I have open.

When I click on the "17 NinjaTrader application" icon it pops up a listing of all of my 17 charts BUT THEY ARE ALL JUMBLED... Would it be possible to show these in alphebetical order or somehow group the CL charts together and the ES charts together?

I once thought that these charts were in order by when they were first opened (with the most recently opened chart at the top) but that doesn't seem to hold true.. It seems like they just get jumbled in some way that doesn't make sense to me.

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Todd

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not an option to group or change the order at which the windows appear within your taskbar at this time. I will however forward this to our development team for future considerations.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Christopher,

If I knew that they were always going to stay in the order in which they were "started as a new chart" then I would just delete them all and "re-create" them.

However, I don't think that holds true.. It seems like NT just jumbles them up in some seemingly random order..

Also, the indicator list screen is the same way. I may put 10 indicators on a chart. When I go back to the indicator settings screen, it has jumbled the order of the indicators listed in the left bottom pane. Can you have someone fix this also? Its annoying.

Thanks,
      Todd

Comment

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing when testing on my end.

Please close all your open workspaces by going to the Control Panel-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace

After you have closed all workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a few new chart with no template applied. Next add indicators then attempt to reopen the indicator window and let me know if they remain in order in which they were added.

Comment

Ok... I'll try that after the market closes and report back to you.

However, the first issue that I raised about the chart names being jumbled is the bigger issue to me, though. If that could be fixed, that would be great.

Todd

Comment

Sounds good and can you tell me what Operating System you currently have installed.

Comment

I'm using windows xp - service pack 3

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have access to a PC running XP at this time to test however I will test this on Monday and will let follow up with results as soon as possible.

Comment

Christopher,

I wanted you to see what I was seeing regarding the chart names being jumbled. I did a print screen (using the print screen key on my keyboard) then I pasted the image into the word doc attachment.

Can you see how frustrating it is to try to find a chart with all of the names jumbled?

Can this be fixed soon?

Todd
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have done some additional testing on my end and unfortunately this function if handled by Windows and is not something that is configured by NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    172 responses
                    0 likes