NT7 Relative Strength/ Spread Charting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Relative Strength/ Spread Charting?

Thank you very much for the information newsletter regarding the release of NT7. I was very impressed with the features and look forward to this.

I thought that Ninjatrader was working for version 7.0 on being able to plot multiple charts in one screen but for COMPARISON purposes. The feature that I saw on the Development Status was for showing several charts on 1 screen, but not do do the following type of comparisons:
    1. Relative Strength: Taking multiple symbols and charting them for a period of time so that one can see which one is gaining relative strength over the other one. Its typically shown in % gain/loss in a specific period of time. Its shown as a line chart. When you have 2 symbols you should be able to have an indicator at bottom that charts the difference between the 2 which leads to:
    2. Spread Trading Charting: Takes into consideration 2 symbols and creates a line chart of the difference between the 2. It is usually shown in points if its an inter-calendar spread or in dollars difference in case the spread mixes 2 different symbols.

I would truly appreciate if NT7 can consider this as part of their multichart enhancements.

Thanks

PEDRO

Hello Pedro,

I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What you can do in NT7:

- Develop custom indicators that have multiple series (instruments) as input to calcualte the spread and plot this value as plot on a chart

What you can't do:

- Develop a synthetic instruments from multiple-instruments and plot the values as a chart style (candle stick)
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Relative Strength Charts in NT7

Dear Trader Ray,

Thank you for your response. I am very glad there will be a way to create spreads!

What I would like to know now is if it will be possible to create a Relative Strength Chart comparison with multiple symbols in NT7... they also call it Performance charts.

To see an example of what I am talking about please go to:

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Dear Trader Ray,

Thank you for your response. I am very glad there will be a way to create spreads!

What I would like to know now is if it will be possible to create a Relative Strength Chart comparison with multiple symbols in NT7... they also call it Performance charts.

To see an example of what I am talking about please go to:

Thanks

PEDRO
          This is not out of the box functionality however, you could create a custom indicator to do exactly this.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

autospreader

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            What you can do in NT7:

- Develop custom indicators that have multiple series (instruments) as input to calcualte the spread and plot this value as plot on a chart

What you can't do:

- Develop a synthetic instruments from multiple-instruments and plot the values as a chart style (candle stick)
            hi, it's very important that the spread prices should be created by different outright prices: last-last, bid-bid, bid-ask,ask-ask,ask-bid
            most charting softwares only use last-last which is not acurate, only TT's autospreader has the functionality to specify pricing types.
            also possible to develop a scrip to achieve auto spread trade like autospreader in TT's? i know autospreader is protected by patent but it should not be too complicated to make a script to do it in ninja

seb

Comment

when will NT7 be available

Originally posted by sebhanz View Post
              hi, it's very important that the spread prices should be created by different outright prices: last-last, bid-bid, bid-ask,ask-ask,ask-bid
              most charting softwares only use last-last which is not acurate, only TT's autospreader has the functionality to specify pricing types.
              also possible to develop a scrip to achieve auto spread trade like autospreader in TT's? i know autospreader is protected by patent but it should not be too complicated to make a script to do it in ninja

seb
              when will NT7 be available?
              i will buy the life license as soon as it comes out with spread charts that can specify types of outright prices.
              i only do spread trades, spread charting and auto spreading are the functionalities im looking hard to find
              seb

Comment

sebhanz, also responded to your other thread on this topic - NinjaTrader 7 first beta is scheduled for the end of September 2009, for all features and general development status updates, please check this link here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, great post!
                  I am also looking for a relative performance indicator to compare performance of indices/sectors/equities/commodities... any market(s) that one may want to track, across different periodicities and time periods. Two usage scenarios come to mind straightaway:
                  1. Compare intraday performace for the S&P sectors, futures and select stocks. Plot graphs of each as % change from opening price
                  2. Compare sector and/or select equities performance for a set period - say quarter or year.

To my knowledge nothing like this exists on NT, at least I did not find anything. But this indicator/feature exists in a fully developed form on Investor RT platform, please refer to the video at - http://www.screencast.com/users/Linn...7-795779e8868f

If anyone can point me to a Nt 6.5 or Nt7 indicator that does this, if it exists. If not, would appreciate if somebody could create this. This evidently will be of value

Thanks in advance
                  - soulartist

Comment

Hello soulartist,

Unfortunately I am not aware of such an indicator.

If no one is willing to create the indicator for you, you can always contact any of the supported NinjaScript consultants at the link below.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                    20 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes