Collapse

Replay with no previous Data Record requirement - Feature Request/Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay with no previous Data Record requirement - Feature Request/Suggestion

I'd like to request a market replay feature that does not require previously recording the data. The requirement to pre-record data and not run from inside a normal template chart is a huge handicap for NT.

Maybe it could just run off of the already formatted data in any chart.
    Please don't take this wrong, but something like eSignal has where you right click Tools -> Replay and mouse over the bar you want to rewind to and then left click.

Then the chart reloads the data but leaves the area to the right of where you left clicked completely white. And then the forward and reverse buttons in the tool bar work just like the current NT replay feature.
    Again, please do not take this the wrong way. I love NT, and am trying to get myself and other colleagues away from using eSignal.
    And this is one feature we use daily.

In fact, those of us that use NT for chart trader, have to do our backtesting after hours on eSignal machines because NT doesn't have this feature.

** This feature (and the inability to turn off autoscale on the Y axis, but we've seen this is promised in NT 7 - you will gain many new users if ver 7 delivers with stability) is certainly a tipping point for at least 4 other traders I know personally. These 2 features are 100% why they don't purchase NT and cancel eSignal. They won't give it up until NT has these features. Seriously. **

I'd like to say that the eSignal replay feature isn't perfect either. It will crash the application about 15% of the time. I think because it is reloading data and having to recalculate all the bars / candles.

So maybe NT could just implement this as being a "chart price wiper with forward and reverse control". Maybe it can just use the existing data and the feature can purely be visual drawing based. No need to reload data or recalculate anything. Just wipe the price off of everything to the right of where the user clicks after selecting "chart replay" and go from there. Don't reload data, just run an eraser over the screen like Photoshop or maybe a virtual background color layer over the right side of the screen like Photoshop does.

Make it more reliable, simpler, no calculations or reload needed. Just simply hiding the price bars from the users eyes.

Thank you.

We have many improvements coming for NT7 in the area of charting, regarding replay see this thread.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes