Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Formatting Graphic Objects Suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formatting Graphic Objects Suggestions...

When formatting graphic objects....here are a few problems that might be looked at ....

Fibonacci Retracements Properties....At the topmost active line in the menu ....the Dash Style options only works as a Dash line here....options of Solid, Dot, DashDot, & DashDotDot do not work. All other Dash Style line types work OK after the first active line in the menu though..... Also, the Active check box option in the top two lines are grayed out here ...(at least the second box should perhaps not be grayed out here as an option...??)

Fibonacci Extensions Properties....similar problem to above when formatting top line Dash Style.

Fibonacci Time Extensions............similar problem to above.

Fibonacci Circle............................similar problem to above.

Andrew's Pitchfork........................Topmost line Dash Style is grayed out as Dash only...all options should work here OK also.

Gann Fan Properties......................All Dash Style line options do work OK here...however the single highlight point on this study is quite touchy to locate at times....perhaps the initial line should be able to be highlighted at any point along the line ??

Regression Channel Properties........All line Dash Types work OK here.....

Ellipse Properties............................All line Dash Types work OK here.....

Rectangle Properties.......................All line Dash Types work OK here.....

Text Properties................................A minor problem here is that the Text Properties box background is always white....it may be better to have this background default to the background color of the chart one wants to add text to....as it is now for example....when you want to place white text on a black background you cannot see the white text in the white Text Properties menu background, and you have to use another color like Silver to see what you are typing.
    Last edited by Alfred; 06-16-2008, 09:42 AM.

Hello Alfred,

I tested the drawing objects on my end and was able to modify the dash style of the topmost active line, except for the Gann Fan which is as expected. Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed. You can check this under Help-->About.

As per the Text background color, please set the Opacity to 10 and the background will display the color you selected.

I will forward your other suggestions to development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Jason....I am using NT 6.5.1000.3.

I did not explain things quite clearly initially....in graphic studies the initial line that plots when the Active box is left unchecked (as in the red dashed Fibonacci Retracement line in the attached example attached) can only be shown as a dashed line...I believe there should be an option to format this line style as one may wish in all graphic studies....perhaps another line of options should be added for this initial line as well in all relevant graphic objects.

You can see in the second example a magenta line on the Andrews Pitchfork study, and the only option you have (again) for the initial line style is a dashed line. I feel one should be able to format this line style in all cases as well.

Thanks for the opacity info on text....I did set to 10, and you can then see when typing, but though the text was set to white , it does not then appear that white on the chart....this is a minor problem for me though....

Thanks !!...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alfred,

I see. Correct, the initial line will always be plotted as a dashed line. I will forward the suggestion to have this customized to Development too.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks.... !!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM