Add Alert to Horizontal Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Alert to Horizontal Line

I mentioned this in another thread but thought I'd make a clean formal reqest here.

Add the ability to add an Alert to the existing Drawing Tools - Horizontal Line. The Alert should have to option to only trigger one on a tick by tick update - ie. If we tick from below the line to above the line trigger the alert once or if tick from above the line to below the line trigger the alert once.

A very nice further addition would be to allow right clicking on the line and rearming the alarm. And even further polish would be allow the option to change the color of the line if the alarm was triggered vs a color for an armed but unfired alarm vs a color for a line with no alarm. And even more polish would be add the option to display text at either the left side of the screen or the right side of the screen, above the line, which show the price level the line is at (and perhaps some test showing the state of the alert.

thanks,
    shawnj

Thank you for your post and suggestions.

I will forward these for our list of future considerations.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also, email alerts would be very useful.

Comment

Hi shawnj,

You can setup the alert in the Market Analyzer using the ConstantLines indicator. You would need to set the "Calculate on bar close" option to False, so the condition of the alert will be calculated on each incoming tick.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried your suggestion Jason. The Cell displays #check log#. The log says: "Failed to call OnBarUpdate" method for market analyzer column 'ConstantLines(0,0,0,0)': The indicator 'ConstantLines' is intended for visuualization and can only be used on a chart.

Applying ConstantLines on the chart does not expose an Alert plus the visible line in not movable with mouse.

thanks,
          shawnj

Comment

Hi shawnj,

My apologies, it seems the ConstantLines indicator can't be used to set an alert in the Market Analyzer, but can only be used in a chart for visualization purposes.

You should be able to create such an alert using NinjaScript by creating an automated strategy that triggers alerts instead of submitting orders. More information can be found in the link below.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. I'm trying to digest that idea. Is it possible to place on a chart and move on a chart an automated strategy with the mouse?

I'm thinking as I ramp up on Ninjascript, If I can get comfortable writing mouse code (mouse_down, mouse_move, mouse_up) I can eventually write specifically what I looking for. I assume the "Drawing Tools - Horizontal Line" is written in Ninjascript. It would be nice if that code was exposed .

thanks,
              shawnj

Comment

This is not supported.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                1 response
                0 likes